Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 02:35:57 pm

Author Topic: American Horror Story  (Read 972 times)  Share 

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
American Horror Story
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:58:21 pm »
+1
Anybody here watch it? :o

Thoughts on season 7 so far, in particular the political undertones?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:09:56 pm by remi »

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »
Anybody here watch it? :o

Thoughts on season 7 so far, in particular the political undertones?
one of my favourite shows TBH! Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but thought the first one was interesting. It hasn't hooked me as much as some of the other seasons (though Roanoke didn't hook me for a while, then I ended up really enjoying it), but not gonna give up on it yet so early in the season :) I thought the political undertones were funny aha - like almost a parody of itself. Excited for Evan Peters to have a larger role this season - think he's really underrated as an actor.
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:08:16 pm »
one of my favourite shows TBH! Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but thought the first one was interesting. It hasn't hooked me as much as some of the other seasons (though Roanoke didn't hook me for a while, then I ended up really enjoying it), but not gonna give up on it yet so early in the season :) I thought the political undertones were funny aha - like almost a parody of itself. Excited for Evan Peters to have a larger role this season - think he's really underrated as an actor.

Roanoke was bit of an iffy season for me - it started off good, went really well for a while but then dropped off because they dragged it on for too long. I really wished they expanded on Lady Gaga's character and why the girl (can't remember her name) decided to run off with the colonial ghost girl. It just seemed like some other cliched horror flick without it to me. But besides that, I did love the 'children of the corn' feel the season had!

And I couldn't agree more - Evan Peters is such a talented and diverse actor. He plays all his characters, from gay colonial to Trump supporter, so welllll. There's just so much nuance in his performance that really gives his character life.

And I just watched the 2nd episode; there is some seriously omg moments in there (even more so than the first episode).