Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 01:18:46 pm

Author Topic: Using year 11 results as ATAR prediction  (Read 2012 times)  Share 

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Using year 11 results as ATAR prediction
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:01:29 am »
Hey people
So on my year 11 report i received an exam mark out of 100 for all my subjects
Should i enter this onto ATAR calculators to estimate what sort of ATAR i'd get if i got similar results in year 12 to the ones i got in year 11??
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Using year 11 results as ATAR prediction
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:06:12 am »
+1
Hey people
So on my year 11 report i received an exam mark out of 100 for all my subjects
Should i enter this onto ATAR calculators to estimate what sort of ATAR i'd get if i got similar results in year 12 to the ones i got in year 11??

You can for some fun! But don't put any weight behind it. Your Year 12 results are likely to change a fair bit from Year 11 as you work harder and improve - The ATAR that it spits out isn't going to have any real bearing.

If it is a bit of fun, or maybe even inspires some harder work though, then great! ;D

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 11:10:53 am »
You can for some fun! But don't put any weight behind it. Your Year 12 results are likely to change a fair bit from Year 11 as you work harder and improve - The ATAR that it spits out isn't going to have any real bearing.

If it is a bit of fun, or maybe even inspires some harder work though, then great! ;D
I need an 80 ATAR and i ended up getting like a 71 in the estimation. I guess that means i need a little more work?
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:59:50 pm »
I need an 80 ATAR and i ended up getting like a 71 in the estimation. I guess that means i need a little more work?

Potentially! There's lots of stuff that a prediction like that doesn't factor in - I suppose view it this way. You aren't way above what you need to be at, meaning you can't get lazy or complacent. But there's also no reason to be concerned - A 71 estimated now doesn't mean you are headed to a 71 ATAR :)