Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:42:06 pm

Author Topic: Commerce - Business  (Read 1060 times)  Share 

asdasdasd

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Commerce - Business
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:12:59 pm »
Hello,

Put simply I don't want to work, I have ambitions to get into business upon completing my university degree. I want to get the best possible degree to assist in my business endeavours. Commerce seems appealing because of the element of accounting in place, but is this really the best degree for this kind of future?

This isn't really an in-depth post but essentially I'm interested only in business (investing, running a business etc) and am wondering if this degree is the best for that kind of field.

Thank you in advance.

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Re: Commerce - Business
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:50:33 pm »
Yes, this is a great degree to get started and to learn the foundations. But if you are more interested in entrepreneurship, the RMIT Entrepreneurship course has produced some very vibrant entrepreneurs.

Also, nothing beats practical work experience. The classroom can only teach you so much -- set the foundations for learning, really.

Shameless self-plug: if you're a keen entrepreneur, I keep an "entrepreneurial journal" on my personal website in my signature below. Have a look -- if you like it, feel free to subscribe!

asdasdasd

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Commerce - Business
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:51:07 pm »
Thanks coblin, love the site.

Will bookmark it for future reading. Going to look into that RMIT course now.