Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:31:34 am

Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 522 times)  Share 

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +39
What does this mean?
« on: November 24, 2018, 01:55:41 pm »
I've finished my very last uni subject and I don't get the results until December, yet I've received emails advising me that I can either attend the graduation ceremony or receive the degree the day after the ceremony. So judging by the emails I've received, it's tempting to draw the conclusion that I've passed the subject because otherwise I would not be receiving such emails about graduating.
So, what are your thought on this? It looks quite promising that I've finally finished my degree course in biological sciences.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 03:40:36 pm »
+3
If you’re from Monash (and I think maybe Melbourne), I think you get the message if you probably passed your units. (Had to ask a friend to check this as I never failed a unit.) Pretty sure it’s the case for Melbourne since their domestic graduation ceremony is in December for second semester finishes (i.e. you graduate a month or so after your final exams). Generally it’s a good indication that you passed everything. Congrats!

If you’re at Monash and graduating in Clayton early next year. I’ll see you at the graduation ceremony!

EDIT (after following post): Most unis are generally relatively similar in their enrolment processes and proceedings, so this should probably be similar at La Trobe too. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:26:55 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +39
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 04:27:09 pm »
OK, I'm a La Trobe Uni student which isn't the usual on ATAR notes.