Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:10:49 am

Author Topic: Switching from unimelb to rmit (masters of engineering Electrical)  (Read 4231 times)  Share 

anotherLoser

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Hi guys has anyone, switched from Melbourne to RMIT for engineering ? I feel my current course is way to theoretical and somewhat unnecessarily difficult. I have already take a few courses here and hoping I would be given advanced standing if I decided to switch . I took my undergrad at Melbourne uni, and barely made the cutoff for postgrad study, (my alternative was RMIT if I couldn't get into Melbourne grad eng) . Has anyone made this transition before ? or if anyones currently in a masters of engineering stream at RMIT give me some advice on difficulty of course content, assignments how much emphasis is on practicals and internships etc. Any other advice or tips would be welcomed.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Switching from unimelb to rmit (masters of engineering Electrical)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 11:10:10 am »
+2
Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of personal experience with the transition but I can recommend that you do your own research. Calling RMIT and getting advice from them sounds like a good starting point. They’ll be able to cater to your personal situation and you’ll be able to ask as many questions as you like regarding the practicality of their Masters of Engineering course.

Some ANers may have more experience in the relevant area, so hopefully you’ll get another response with some more specific advice. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread