Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 04:05:57 pm

Author Topic: Got UCAT. Is there still hope?  (Read 1249 times)

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Got UCAT. Is there still hope?
« on: July 17, 2020, 10:01:11 pm »
So I just did my UCAT today and got a 2200 and 511 for SJ.
It’s a pretty crappy score and I guess I deserve it because I didn’t put in enough effort.do I still have any chances of getting an interview for the undergraduate courses or is there no hope left?  >:(
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: Got UCAT. Is there still hope?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 10:12:34 pm »
+9
Hey, there is still hope. You can definitely apply for unis that don't take UCAT into consideration - JCU doesn't use UCAT at all. La Trobe also doesn't use the UCAT for entry into dent. Are you rural, or have SEAS? If so, you might be in a better position than you think. If you don't, then there is always next year. :) Don't let your score dissuade you from achieving a high ATAR too - this is important for a multitude of reasons! Keep your possibilities open, and remember that this isn't get in or don't - there will be many more opportunities as you go.

EDIT: read this.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:15:59 pm by whys »
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Failingvce

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Re: Got UCAT. Is there still hope?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 10:17:20 pm »
+1
Hey, there is still hope. You can definitely apply for unis that don't really take UCAT into consideration - e.g. UTas, Flinders both have low cut-offs, and JCU doesn't use UCAT at all. La Trobe also doesn't use the UCAT for entry into dent. The downside is you need a very high ATAR (e.g. Flinders you need above 99.90). Are you rural, or have SEAS? If so, you might be in a better position than you think. If you don't, then there is always next year. :) Don't let your score dissuade you from achieving a high ATAR too - this is important for a multitude of reasons! Keep your possibilities open, and remember that this isn't get in or don't - there will be many more opportunities as you go.

Thank you! I still have SEAS so hopefully that’ll help me in getting in. And yeah I feel like I’ll have to look more into the universities you’re talking about.. I’m also thinking of applying for interstate for medicine and there are some universities that don’t take UCAT into consideration so hopefully that works out! Thanks for the advice!! :) 🙏🏽
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:20:26 pm by Failingvce »
2020 subjects:
3/4 English - 3/4 Methods- 3/4 chemistry- 3/4 Biology- 3/4 psychology