Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 03:47:33 pm

Author Topic: Uni Melb Computer Science any good?  (Read 1086 times)  Share 

Alexforeva94

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Uni Melb Computer Science any good?
« on: August 09, 2020, 11:51:15 am »
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if UniMelbs computer science degree is much better than Monash, RMIT, Swinburne etc.?

If it is extremely better than the other unis I might have to switch subjects in order to meet the admission requirements.

Thanks.

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
Re: Uni Melb Computer Science any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 12:05:05 pm »
+2
Hello,

Just to clarify, The University of Melbourne does not have a computer science degree. With the new Melbourne Model, you could study the Bachelor of Science majoring in Computing and Software Systems however you would still study other science units such as Biology and Chemistry.

In terms of if any Uni is better, all Universities have their ups and downs. The University of Melbourne has the #1 science course in Australia however this does not mean that it is the best for you and your interests (which I am assuming is computer science). I don't know heaps about different Universities but I know RMIT and Swinburne have great technology programs (as there names are Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and Swinburne Institute of Technology).

You would need to research each of the courses and institutions further to determine which course would be best suited towards your needs and passions.

Hope this helps :D
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Alexforeva94

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Uni Melb Computer Science any good?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 09:31:54 pm »
Hello,

Just to clarify, The University of Melbourne does not have a computer science degree. With the new Melbourne Model, you could study the Bachelor of Science majoring in Computing and Software Systems however you would still study other science units such as Biology and Chemistry.

In terms of if any Uni is better, all Universities have their ups and downs. The University of Melbourne has the #1 science course in Australia however this does not mean that it is the best for you and your interests (which I am assuming is computer science). I don't know heaps about different Universities but I know RMIT and Swinburne have great technology programs (as there names are Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and Swinburne Institute of Technology).

You would need to research each of the courses and institutions further to determine which course would be best suited towards your needs and passions.

Hope this helps :D

Oh wow, I didn't realize that you had to actually do science subjects as well, thanks for clearing that up! I am not really a fan of science so will definitely go somewhere else now.