Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:23 am

Author Topic: GAT Section’s Importance - 3/4 Maths Student  (Read 2239 times)

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
GAT Section’s Importance - 3/4 Maths Student
« on: September 11, 2020, 08:11:09 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am a year 11 student undertaking two 3/4s this year which means I will be taking the GAT. My subjects are maths methods and further maths.

I was already planning on doing one practice GAT along with the trial GAT I am undertaking with my school.

I will obviously try my best during the GAT, however I was wondering if I was to do specific revision (as it may be worth more this year), is just doing the maths related questions a good strategy? I have heard that the maths section will be the only section that could affect my study score because of my subjects. Is this true?

Thank you so much in advance!

Eloise :)

edit: typo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:25:30 pm by eloisegrace »
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: GAT Section’s Importance - 3/4 Maths Student
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 12:42:17 pm »
+4
I don't think the maths section will be the ONLY section taken into account but it will play the major part.

VCAA says:
Some GAT questions relate more closely to achievement in particular studies. The VCAA takes this into account when it calculates students’ expected achievements in each study for each school. For example, GAT results in mathematics, science and technology play only a minor part in calculating students’ expected achievements in humanities studies.

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 01:23:53 pm »
I don't think the maths section will be the ONLY section taken into account but it will play the major part.
Thanks Sine! I’m not too worried about the GAT overall as I am pretty good at these type of tests but it is nice to know that the maths section will probably be more important as it is my strength  :)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 01:26:37 pm »
+4
Quote from: Sine
Especially this year - this is the reason why remote learning is occurring in Week 1 of Term 4, to ensure they have the possible chance of attending the GAT. Given all students are being individually assessed for some form of consideration, I have a feeling the GAT will play a heavier role than it usually does.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile