Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:56:51 am

Author Topic: HSC SOR Revision October Lecture Thread  (Read 876 times)

BellaLN

• Adventurer
  • politics buff and doc martens enthusiast
  • Respect: +7
HSC SOR Revision October Lecture Thread
« on: October 02, 2020, 05:08:10 pm »
+4
Hey, everyone!

This thread has been created for those who attended my SOR Revision lecture on Thursday the 1st. Feel free to post any lingering questions you might have, or a practice five-mark question here for feedback by Sunday 3rd October 11:59 pm. The sample question that was on the slides is below!

Good luck for your upcoming exams, and I hope you enjoyed the lecture!  ;D

Question:

‘The churches should act together in all matters except those in which deep differences of conviction compel them to act separately.’ - Conference on Faith and Order, 1952

Using the above statement and your own knowledge, describe the impact of Christian Ecumenical movements in Australia. (5 marks)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 05:14:54 pm by BellaLN »
HSC 2019:
- English Advanced (96) - English Extension I (48) - Ancient History (97) - Modern History (95) - History Extension (47) - Mathematics (88) - SOR I (49)

ATAR: 99.45

University 2020-2025:
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics @ UNSW - UNSW Law Equity Scholarship Recipient -

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: HSC SOR Revision October Lecture Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:30:01 am »
+3
Hey, everyone!

This thread has been created for those who attended my SOR Revision lecture on Thursday the 1st. Feel free to post any lingering questions you might have, or a practice five-mark question here for feedback by Sunday 3rd October 11:59 pm. The sample question that was on the slides is below!

Good luck for your upcoming exams, and I hope you enjoyed the lecture!  ;D

Question:

‘The churches should act together in all matters except those in which deep differences of conviction compel them to act separately.’ - Conference on Faith and Order, 1952

Using the above statement and your own knowledge, describe the impact of Christian Ecumenical movements in Australia. (5 marks)

Hi Bella, :D
Thankyou for the lecture on the 1st, it was very helpful and insightful. I have attempted the above question below, and was wondering if you could please provide some feedback for me?

Christian Ecumenical movements in Australia have had and continue to have a significant lasting impact, giving Christian churches an opportunity to, "act together in all manners". Ecumenism is the efforts used to restore unity among the Christian Churches, which are separated from each other in various ways, like religious beliefs. Since the 1970s, diverse Christian denominations have communicated with one another, seeking to find common ground between their beliefs. This ultimately led to the formation of integral organisations like, the NSW Ecumenical Council and the National Council of Churches Australia (NCCA). The NSW Ecumenical Council (1982 - present) promotes ecumenism by providing local initiatives, such as workshops and educational seminars to encourage adherents from various denominations to "act together" inspiring them to confront "deep differences". This movement provided adherents with an opportunity to experience the diversity of Christianity and it's churches, an impact that is currently changing the religious landscape of Australia notably. Evidently, Ecumenical movements like the NSW Ecumenical Council and the NCCA are providing a lasting impact on the religious landscape of Christianity and Australia, causing denominations to not "act separately", but rather "act together".

Questions from the lecture:
1. How would you structure an effective essay for significant person, significant ethics and significant practice questions (Buddhism specifically)?
2. What are the key things HSC markers look for in a SOR 1 essay (Buddhism specifically)?

Thanks in advance!
Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:54:48 pm by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5