Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 03:19:03 pm

Author Topic: Can I do UCAT examination after finishing year 12?  (Read 3508 times)

Rose34

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Can I do UCAT examination after finishing year 12?
« on: October 09, 2020, 12:34:24 am »
Hello everyone,

Is it acceptable to do the UCAT examination after finishing year 12? Also, do you know any resources that help prepare for the exam?

Thanks in advance

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Can I do UCAT examination after finishing year 12?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 09:39:28 am »
+4
Hi Rose,

The UCAT cannot be taken in Year 11, but it can be taken in Year 12 (and beyond). You should check with the institution to see if you can apply as a non-standard applicant using the UCAT (e.g. if you've started a Bachelor degree and want to apply for medicine). You can see which unis take non-standard applicants here.

AFAIK, no unis in Victoria accept non-standard applicants. You can apply to Monash after taking a gap year and resitting the UCAT, but this is a bit of a gamble.

Hope this helps :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Rose34

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Re: Can I do UCAT examination after finishing year 12?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 10:29:38 am »
Hi Rose,

The UCAT cannot be taken in Year 11, but it can be taken in Year 12 (and beyond). You should check with the institution to see if you can apply as a non-standard applicant using the UCAT (e.g. if you've started a Bachelor degree and want to apply for medicine). You can see which unis take non-standard applicants here.

Thank you so much for responding!

AFAIK, no unis in Victoria accept non-standard applicants. You can apply to Monash after taking a gap year and resitting the UCAT, but this is a bit of a gamble.

Hope this helps :)