Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 09:06:16 pm

Author Topic: Driving test + hazards  (Read 1569 times)  Share 

Amnilauv

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Driving test + hazards
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:13:07 pm »
Hey all, I'm doing my P testing soon.

For the driving test, are the car monitors allowed? Like the monitors you have next to the dashboard where when you reverse, you can see the rear camera? I remember vaguely when I started my L's, my driving instructor had a monitor.

Also for the hazards, are the quality of the videos bad, or have they updated it?

Thanks a lot :)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Driving test + hazards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 02:38:47 pm »
+3
Hey all, I'm doing my P testing soon.

For the driving test, are the car monitors allowed? Like the monitors you have next to the dashboard where when you reverse, you can see the rear camera? I remember vaguely when I started my L's, my driving instructor had a monitor.

Also for the hazards, are the quality of the videos bad, or have they updated it?

Thanks a lot :)
Pretty sure that the hazards videos still have quite bad graphics (although someone who did their hazards in 2020 should confirm this).

I found this quote from a March 2019 VicRoads document: "Speed warning devices, cruise control and navigators must be turned off during the test. Parking sensors and reverse cameras can be left on"

I would definitely double check though.

Amnilauv

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 03:20:48 pm »
Pretty sure that the hazards videos still have quite bad graphics (although someone who did their hazards in 2020 should confirm this).

I found this quote from a March 2019 VicRoads document: "Speed warning devices, cruise control and navigators must be turned off during the test. Parking sensors and reverse cameras can be left on"

I would definitely double check though.
Legend :)

What does it mean by navigator? Like a GPS navigator? Also by parking sensors does this mean the type of beeping alert you hear when you're close to another car? If so, I never really knew the driving test offers such flexibility with technology.

I hope the crappy quality hazards doesn't fail me. I've heard bad stories 😭

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 03:37:12 pm »
+1
Legend :)

What does it mean by navigator? Like a GPS navigator? Also by parking sensors does this mean the type of beeping alert you hear when you're close to another car? If so, I never really knew the driving test offers such flexibility with technology.

I hope the crappy quality hazards doesn't fail me. I've heard bad stories 😭
Yeah, I think that means a GPS navigator. Definitely go through the practice hazards (having just had a looked at it - it seems like graphics are better now?)

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 03:43:08 pm »
+1
Hi!
I've heard stories about bad graphics but honestly, they were pretty good in the actual exam. Was pleasantly surprised how good quality they were, so there's no reason to be worried about that unless it differs from test area to test area (I did mine in Melbourne).

As for reverse cameras, they can be left on, but I don't think you're allowed to use them. Whenever I went on reverse and the camera turned on I didn't use it and just looked behind.

All the best  :)
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan