Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 03:17:05 am

Author Topic: Calculator requirements for external assment  (Read 2932 times)

Aquaffinity

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Calculator requirements for external assment
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:45:27 am »
Things to note
I have a TI 84 Plus CE

I know I have to reset the calculator before the external assessment exams (such as for physics, chemistry and maths). How much of my calculator am I supposed to reset in the exam for the external person to say its okay?
Is it just pressing the reset button on the back, or a whole reset of the calculator? Or is it a full wipe

I do not want to reset the whole calculator, I just want to remove the equations. This is due to the fact that my calculator has preloaded apps which for example do simulataneous equations. If I have to fully reset my calculator, I think this means that I am at a disadvantage to my friends who have a TI inspire I think (haven't checked yet, will do soon) doing a full reset of that calculator still leaves those preset programs on.

P.S. How would you get a graphing function like a slope field on a TI84 for an external exam and do the function for inverse binom N?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 11:47:55 am by Aquaffinity »

Blobfishman15

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Calculator requirements for external assment
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 09:17:09 pm »
The invigilators will most likely ask you to clear the calculator according to the following settings
2ND < MEM (+ sign) < 7:Reset < 1:All Ram

This won't clear your apps, because when I've done it in the past I've still maintained my apps, but has only cleared the equations. Hope this helps.