Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 09:43:55 am

Author Topic: Colleges  (Read 1691 times)  Share 

lishan515

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Colleges
« on: March 20, 2008, 03:57:58 pm »
Hi there,

I am interesting in going to college next year and I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints as to the different colleges.

At the moment I am thinking JCH, although Trinity is high on the agenda as well.

So I am interested in the general cultures of the colleges to see which one is the right one (subject to interview etc etc)

Thanks

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
Re: Colleges
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:33:45 pm »
Colleges? As I am a monash person, could you please elaborate? I take it you mean the residential colleges which border part of melbourne university?
2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?

lishan515

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:45:52 am »
Yes Melb uni ones... I thought I posted this in the Uni Melb area... 

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:49:29 am »
I moved it for you :)

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:04:50 pm »
Hi there,

I am interesting in going to college next year and I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints as to the different colleges.

At the moment I am thinking JCH, although Trinity is high on the agenda as well.

So I am interested in the general cultures of the colleges to see which one is the right one (subject to interview etc etc)

Thanks

I researched my college preferences pretty thoroughly [though I didn't end up getting into Umelb] and know people from a variety of colleges, so if you tell me what you're most looking for I can recommend the best ones for you.
  You might get some ideas from looking at the college websites, but then they all recommend themselves, so it's helpful to ask people why they prefer their college, what's particular about its ethos, culture, as well as the facilities.
   I also liked JCH, because it appeared rich in tradition and very academic, while not being stuffy, snooty and full of jocks as Trinity is said to be. But then Trinity is a much larger college, which has its advantages.