Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 10:22:14 pm

Author Topic: afc1000 exam  (Read 18957 times)  Share 

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
afc1000 exam
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:40:54 pm »
how did everyone find it?

i fked up q 1 coz it was an ambiguous piece of shit

rest was easy

yay no more accounting rest of my life!!! FINANCE FTW NEXT SEM <3
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

lynt.br

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +50
Re: afc1000 exam
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »
too hard probs failed =[

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:44:15 pm »
lol is the 2nd q with cash budget did it have a negative final balance?
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Akirus

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:53:32 pm »
I thought it would be short so I took my time, ended up spending an hour on the first two questions and cramming the rest.

Soooo fucked, haha.

I think I had a positive final balance but then again I probably did everything wrong so don't mind me.

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:55:29 pm »
hmm yeah i thought i might have done something wrong coz i kept getting a negative final balance but i kept checking and found nothing wrong :S
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 04:02:01 pm »
big fat f..king F for me :(
would have done ok if not for the ambiguity and strange formats
a little disapointed at what the actually tested us on tho, too much financial accounting (isnt that what the mid sem and asignment was ment to  be on) and no CVP, contibution margins etc

i think i had negative for the cash budget too, but i actualy left that till later and hence imost likely wrong for me :P
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Akirus

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:03:34 pm »
I had never done a MUEP cash budget before in my life so I sorta just improvised a format... >.>

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 04:06:51 pm »
I had never done a MUEP cash budget before in my life so I sorta just improvised a format... >.>
Lol haaha
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

methodsman

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:49:35 pm »
I thought it would be short so I took my time, ended up spending an hour on the first two questions and cramming the rest.

Soooo fucked, haha.

I think I had a positive final balance but then again I probably did everything wrong so don't mind me.
I did the finance questions slowly then realised the amount of bullshitting required for ratio analysis. And that question asking return on assets was just dumb - only worth 1 mark. My balance sheet didnt even end up balancing so screwed......
Uni 2010 - 2013 : BComm(Fin.)/BBIS (IBL)

2011 S2: Industry-Based Learning

Professional Accreditation 2016 - 2017 : CPA, CFA or MBA

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »
My balance sheet didnt even end up balancing so screwed......

i havent found anyone who balanced it yet lol
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »

Okay,

1) Monash gives Ns, not Fs.
2) You're not F for Fked... I don't know a lot about you, but I know enough to be sure of that.
3) If anyone's F for Fked, it's me :)

Guess who's had next to no sleep?
Venture further, and guess who also accepted a friend's offering of V energy drink.
Guess who also gets ridiculously affected by caffeine, given the fact that she rarely even drinks soft drink?

Never in my life have I drunk a full cup of coffee, and I can still count the total number of energy drinks I've ever drunk on one hand.

Pro: I didn't fall asleep.
Con: So fking jittery my hands were shaking and I couldn't calm myself to think properly.

Also... probably should have studied... in my defence, I really haven't been well all semester... made it kind of hard.

Exam was do-able... I just sucked... hopefully my good results throughout semester will balance out with my very shit exam performance for a D... I don't like Cs... I only have one on my transcript and I would like for it to stay that way.

Anywayz... back to my point... I've never met anyone who got 100% for *any* commerce subject... don't fret over a couple of marks... it was bound to happen.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

lynt.br

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:33:16 pm »

Okay,

2) You're not F for Fked... I don't know a lot about you, but I know enough to be sure of that.

Venture further, and guess who also accepted a friend's offering of V energy drink.
Guess who also gets ridiculously affected by caffeine, given the fact that she rarely even drinks soft drink?

Never in my life have I drunk a full cup of coffee, and I can still count the total number of energy drinks I've ever drunk on one hand.

Con: So fking jittery my hands were shaking and I couldn't calm myself to think properly.

Also... probably should have studied... in my defence, I really haven't been well all semester... made it kind of hard.

Exam was do-able... I just sucked... hopefully my good results throughout semester will balance out with my very shit exam performance for a D... I don't like Cs... I only have one on my transcript and I would like for it to stay that way.

Anywayz... back to my point... I've never met anyone who got 100% for *any* commerce subject... don't fret over a couple of marks... it was bound to happen.

unfortunately for me, it isn't just about a 'couple of marks' but entire questions (some worth as much as 20 marks) I couldn't do =[

I don't understand how I forget some things in an exam. I seriously just cannot think in an exam, if I don't remember it in the moment I have no chance of remembering it through the exam.

I mean I forgot what a balance sheet looked like in this exam. I wrote up at least 10 in preparation. I completely blanked on absorption costing despite focussing on costing significantly in swotvac and spending the evening before the exam intensely studying it to make sure it stuck. I completely got the returns formula wrong when I had to use that formula over a hundred times for my group assignment. I'm seriously thinking studying has an adverse effect on my exam performance....

Also my tutor's 'exam revision' class where he would supposedly go through types of questions that would appear on the exam was completely useless - nothing even remotely similar to his questions came up on the exam...

Epic wtf... no longer considering majoring in accounting considering 2nd year is suppose to be even harder....

Akirus

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 08:53:19 pm »

Soooo fucked, haha.

I did the finance questions slowly then realised the amount of bullshitting required for ratio analysis. And that question asking return on assets was just dumb - only worth 1 mark. My balance sheet didnt even end up balancing so screwed......

But I loved that question - it took like 2 seconds and it was probably the only thing I was confident on, haha. Profit margin x Sales Turnover = ROA?

Oh and my sheet balanced. :) Financial part was probably the only thing I was semi-confident in.

How many marks was it?

Akirus

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 08:54:54 pm »

Okay,

1. Four or five cans of energy drinks (V and Red Bull) over the 2 days before exams.

2. Two hours of sleep on Wednesday night before GAT, did not sleep until 12am on Thursday night.

3. ??

4. PROFI- er, fail.

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 08:57:40 pm »
my balance sheet didnt balance, didnt know the interpretation coz the question was worded so shitty.

the rest was fine i think, the only other place where i cud have dropped marks is q 2 becoz i got a negative final balance, which seems strange coz most q's ive done they are positive but i cudnt find any errors when checking.

o wells glad to have accounting done with, now i can finally move on to the more mathsy areas of commerce.

and ffs my nocturnal behaviours were too strong, i didnt even sleep the night b4 the exam today.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:01:28 pm by TrueTears »
PhD @ MIT (Economics).