Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 03:46:16 pm

Author Topic: What the hell is VCAL?  (Read 54308 times)  Share 

letsride

Re: What the hell is VCAL?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 07:30:13 pm »
Who the hell said 300k? 300k for a professional is a big ask!
120k+ for business owners (generally).

I think that the investment in a private education for students studying VCAL is sometimes good. As stipulated in the other threads, private schools often have more personal support for students. If a student, irrespective of intelligence, can benefit from these extra curriculars, and the family can afford it, why not? Some of the students who take VCAL struggle academically and private schools might have the resources to give them the assistance they need to obtain basic literacy and numeracy. In my opinion, that's money better spent than 18k on someone who is able to get into biomedicine instead of commerce due to an increased ATAR. 

I think the point your trying to make here is that the fundamentals of education are the most important component. That someone who is struggling and would otherwise be a total ignoramus will now understand the basics of Mathematics and English etc. Your point is that these fundamentals are far more important then the absolute elite getting into their desired course. I have to agree with you there.

Also, none of us should be kidding ourselves. If you want to make money, you become a trade person in this country. We are one of the only countries in the world where trade people make more than professionals and be under no allusion, you will not make more than your local electrician. You will be doing something that is far more fulfilling for the rest of your life as it stimulates you intellectually, but electricians in this country can very easily make $300k+ a year.

MBBS you needa get your facts right before you start saying bullshit elaborate more on "electricians" before stating they can easily make 300K

He owns a business and has several other electricians working for him. He is just a smart guy who is an electrician and has got him self in a nice set-up. Anyone can do it.
right, so he owns a business. your statement was pretty much "any electrician in aus can make 300k+" which is false. for every 1 tradesman who ownsa a business, there's at least 10+ who don't

That's not true at all. I don't think you know much at all about tradesmen. More often then not, they work for themselves. All the money they make is effectively tax-free as it's cash in hand. I go to a school with over 30% VCAL, this accurately reflects the demographics of their parents. I've met a lot of tradies, they're all rich.
you don't think i know much about tradesmen? who are you? just because "your electrician" makes alot, you generalise this for the whole population? lmao kid, you're an idiot.

p.s my brother has been working in different trades since he was 18 ranging from tiling to plumbing to flooring (current, he's at perth for 2 months working on a huge job). I have cousins who do trades, i think i know a thing or too.
Now, i never said anything bad about trades, but your generalisations are jusr retarded, if it was that easy everyone would be getting into a trade. why the fuck do you think australia is losing tradee's and are need of a fuckload. Must be because nobody wants easy money in access of 100-300k+ yea?

if you're trolling, well done. if you're not, i feel sorry for you.

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
  • Respect: +218
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2010, 07:47:12 pm »
MBBS, stick to stuff you know.

Hutchoo, careful there.  MBBS has the right to express their opinion.
Of course, everyone is allowed to express their opinion, but MBBS was stating 'facts' that weren't valid.
Other than that, he had some good statements.

letsride

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2010, 08:25:30 pm »

Hutchoo, careful there.  MBBS has the right to express their opinion.
Of course, everyone is allowed to express their opinion, but MBBS was stating 'facts' that weren't valid.

sup hutchoo from BA (:

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »
EVERYONE KNOWS ME. WHO ARE YOU!?

iNerd

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »
EVERYONE KNOWS ME. WHO ARE YOU!?
I don't and yet you will be in my VCE cohort. The irony is hilarious :P

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2010, 08:33:17 pm »
WHAT! VCE COHORT? WHO ARE YOU?

iNerd

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »
WHAT! VCE COHORT? WHO ARE YOU?
You misunderstand me. All i meant was that you will be doing VCE Year 12 when I will b doing it. We are not at the same schools, I assure you :P

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:18 pm »
Oh phew~ Yes, very ironic. I go to a average school anyway :(

MBBS

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »

Hutchoo, careful there.  MBBS has the right to express their opinion.

Yeh sorry, 300k+ is a bit of a hyperbole. They can make a lot though. My 2 cousins are painters and I know they live very very comfortably.  

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »
Yeah, 300k is a chunk of cash. My uncle, who is a qualified plumber earns ~80-90k+ a year.. He lives very, very comfortably as well.

MBBS

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2010, 09:34:33 pm »
Listen by comparison, my mate is an apprentice electrician and works with a very good family friend of his. He told me honestly and seriously that he hopes to earn ~200k a year ultimately, that's the figure his master quoted.

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2010, 09:41:13 pm »
200k for one guy, that doesn't own a business etc?
That seems very unrealistic.

letsride

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2010, 10:04:44 pm »
^ "he hopes to earn"

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2010, 10:36:27 pm »
I hope to earn >9000 billion dollars.. Doesn't mean its realistic.

MBBS

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2010, 10:44:43 pm »
Well, it's a bit of a special circumstance so not really credulous to the argument. His mother passed away and one of his big brother's best mates took him as an apprentice. The master has a lot of guys working for him and so will show him how to set up successfully, get him on his feet business-wise, he told him at that point he can expect to be earning approx 200k. So yes, it's incredulous to the argument but nevertheless he is an electrician and he is earning a truckload.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:47:11 pm by MBBS »