Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 12:07:01 am

Author Topic: methods study score  (Read 10712 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
methods study score
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:18:07 pm »
so what am i going to get. its gona be my 6th subject. but i still wana know haha

my sacs have been horrible but i havnt picked up a book all year, so im not sure how i managed to even get what i did haha

D, C+, B, C+, C. yaaaaaaaay haha. ranking probably somwhere down the bottom

now iv all of a sudden decided to do a tiiiny bit of study.

so i did last years exam as a practice and got 28/40 which vcaa tells me is JUST a B+ ie the very edge of B+

so say i get high B/maybe B+ on exam one.

and probably the same on exam 2.

what kind of study score could i get.. consider my sacs are gona be bad.

costargh

methods study score
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:10:54 pm »
30 raw min. my bro got B+ B B+ and got 31 raw last year

positive_viv

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
methods study score
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 10:00:26 pm »
hehehe, melanie, we're in the same boat. Methods will definitely be my bottom subject and, like you, I've hardly touched a textbook all year. My SAC marks are pretty much
54%, 86%, 49%, 48%. For some reason I managed to get an A for calculus - it's the only topic in methods that I actually enjoyed. What's the grade for between 45 and 55? Is that a D? If so, you're actually way better than me. At least you're averaging C's :) :)

What would those grades above make my overall grade for SACs?

Like you, I tried last year's exam (tech-free) and I managed to get a 75%which I was proud of until I realised that, well, last year's exam was pretty darn easy. But if I somehow, by some stroke of luck - and hard work, of course, since I've also been trying to actually um you know...try - managed to get a 75% for both exams, what study score would I be looking at? Is that enough to get at least a 25, or is that pushing it?

(Sorry if I hijacked this thread...since our situations are pretty similar, I thought we'd both benefit from the responses). Wish you the best of luck, melanie!

principe

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
methods study score
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:22:05 am »
I did Methods last year and I got about the same SAC marks as you, but yeah it was year 11 and I didn't really care, anyways enough of my excuses. I got B, C+, C: Study Score: 27; my friend got B+, B+, B+: Study Score: 34
Quote from: "melanie.dee"
what kind of study score could i get.. consider my sacs are gona be bad.

So you would get around 29-32, but hey people usually do better during the real exams, from my experience anyways.
Quote from: "positive_viv"
But if I somehow, by some stroke of luck - and hard work, of course, since I've also been trying to actually um you know...try - managed to get a 75% for both exams, what study score would I be looking at? Is that enough to get at least a 25, or is that pushing it?

Yeah you would get in the low 30s range. But you gotta study hard of course  :D

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
methods study score
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:32:38 pm »
how many marks max can be dropped over both exams to get a study score of 38+ (A+ sacs ranked top5)

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
methods study score
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:34:48 pm »
Quote from: "maxleng"
how many marks max can be dropped over both exams to get a study score of 38+ (A+ sacs ranked top5)

I want to know too.

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
methods study score
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 07:19:48 am »
Probably 10-20

No clue really(im guessing this years paper will be tough)
oping for an ENTER of 99+

2happy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
methods study score
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 09:11:08 am »
is there a chance of over 30; if school ave. is 50% on sacs; im a little lower than the middle band. got around 75% exam one; if i loose 20 marks on exam 2?
e: 16 year old against them: 17-18 year olds

NO EXAMS left this year

Spesh, Kehm, Fysiks, Ing, C SL 2008

_________
Mix it Up TM

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
methods study score
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 09:29:17 am »
It depends on how hard Exam 2 is tomorrow...........
oping for an ENTER of 99+

2happy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
methods study score
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 09:36:45 am »
if i get 25 SS; wud it get scaled up past 30?
e: 16 year old against them: 17-18 year olds

NO EXAMS left this year

Spesh, Kehm, Fysiks, Ing, C SL 2008

_________
Mix it Up TM

JL_91

methods study score
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 09:44:02 am »
in 06 a 25 SS scaled to 31, so yes. if the paper is hard enough this year, it should scale a little more even.

someone already gave me an opinion on my possible SS, but what do you guys think: SACs all A+ ranked #1 or #2 at a school whose SACs scale up really well, Exam 1 im pretty sure a 39/40, if not then 38 minimum. thanks in advance :)

Odette

methods study score
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 10:04:23 am »
Quote from: "JL_91"
in 06 a 25 SS scaled to 31, so yes. if the paper is hard enough this year, it should scale a little more even.

someone already gave me an opinion on my possible SS, but what do you guys think: SACs all A+ ranked #1 or #2 at a school whose SACs scale up really well, Exam 1 im pretty sure a 39/40, if not then 38 minimum. thanks in advance :)

Wow, that's pretty good, um it would depend on what you got for exam 2 though, but maybe just maybe 45ish not too sure...

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
methods study score
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 10:08:28 am »
Quote from: "JL_91"

That is incorrect reasoning. Scaling doesn't depend on 'difficulty' of the exams each year, it depends on the strength of competition.  :wink:
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

JL_91

methods study score
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 10:22:32 am »
thanks for the correction ahmad. i thought that coz someone at school who did methods last yr said so, and hoped that her marks might be scaled according to this yr lol

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
methods study score
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 10:24:11 am »
Yeah, lots of people seem to get confused! Her mark will be scaled according to last year, which is pretty much the same as every year.  :)
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.