Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 02:36:12 am

Author Topic: ENTER via SMS  (Read 11185 times)  Share 

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
ENTER via SMS
« on: November 19, 2007, 12:53:53 pm »
So who's doing it? Who has registered, because the registering has commenced.

I'm planning on doing this plus coming online.

http://www.vtac.edu.au/common/enter_service.html
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:56:31 pm »
i cant decide. im not sure if i want to be woken up by a score which is inevitably going to disapoint me, seeing as how much iv screwed up my exams.

then again. internet really isnt much different, probably just more frustrating and dragging it out.

with the sms.. does it list your subjects and scores, and then your enter down the bottom? like do you have to scroll down to see the enter. cos that culd work for me. i can slowly reveal a study score at a time and ease down to the enter haha. that way i wont be bombarded by disappoint all at once haha

Odette

ENTER via SMS
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:56:45 pm »
I registered this morning :)

Matt89

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:59:48 pm »
Quote from: "melanie.dee"
with the sms.. does it list your subjects and scores, and then your enter down the bottom? like do you have to scroll down to see the enter. cos that culd work for me. i can slowly reveal a study score at a time and ease down to the enter haha. that way i wont be bombarded by disappoint all at once haha

haha no the enter is first, followed by your study scores

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:01:08 pm »
i cant decide. im not sure if i want to be woken up by a score which is inevitably going to disapoint me, seeing as how much iv screwed up my exams.

then again. internet really isnt much different, probably just more frustrating and dragging it out.

To wake up implies you went to sleep. Surely you won't be sleeping on ENTER night!

Oh, and I'm not sure about the exact format of the SMS message, but I heard it contains grades (A+/A+/A+ or whatever) along with raw score and your ENTER. Someone confirm? :wink:
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 01:01:57 pm »
I just registered.
I'll be doing both as well

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 01:03:51 pm »
Quote from: "Ahmad"

Oh, and I'm not sure about the exact format of the SMS message, but I heard it contains grades (A+/A+/A+ or whatever) along with raw score and your ENTER. Someone confirm? :wink:

It definitely contains grades and rawscores, mine did last year. And I'm pretty sure it contains your scaled scores and enter too, because I remember someone reading theirs out last year

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 01:03:57 pm »
lol I signed up for the SMS thing last year. Mine looks like this:

Results 2006.
VCE : N ENTER: NA
BM03: A+ D+ B+
Study Score: 20.
MA08: B+ C+ A+
SS: 37.
VCE.

EDIT: so yes, I guess you see your ENTER first. Which is why I'm not signing up for it this year :P I don't want to know my ENTER :(
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 01:04:53 pm »
Quote from: "Matt89"

haha no the enter is first, followed by your study scores

ah shit haha. gar i dont know what ill do then.

and its true, i highly doubt ill be sleeping. more like getting very drunk, and then checking results with friends.. however this presents two potentially worse possibilities. a) i will have to suffer disapoint AND hangover for the rest of the day and b) i will get 60 and all my friends will get 99 haha. well maybe not so extreme. but more like, ill be the only disappointed one.

we have ages to sign up for sms, so i might leave myself a bit longer to think over it haha

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 01:14:25 pm »
Darn. I tried to register but apparently you can't use Optus REV UP credit to sign up. So now I'm gonna recharge -.-

cara.mel

ENTER via SMS
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 01:33:00 pm »
Thanks for the reminder! completely forgot about it since yesterday ^_^

azhtey

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 02:14:50 pm »

Ive still got my old result on my phone - ill check for u.
This is exactly what my message said:

Results 2006.
LS03: A+, A+, A+,
Study Score 48.
VCE.

6:16am 11-DEC-06
"BROWS"

azhtey

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 02:16:50 pm »
Quote from: "ninwa"
l
EDIT: so yes, I guess you see your ENTER first. Which is why I'm not signing up for it this year :P I don't want to know my ENTER :(

Thats exactly the same as me. After doing sms last year there is NO WAY im doing it again. It scares the crap out of you!! Im going by the net. Definitely.
"BROWS"

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 02:17:39 pm »
Quote from: "azhtey"

Ive still got my old result on my phone - ill check for u.
This is exactly what my message said:

Results 2006.
LS03: A+, A+, A+,
Study Score 48.
VCE.

6:16am 11-DEC-06

:o 6:16am? I'm so tempted to register now... lol.

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
ENTER via SMS
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 02:22:52 pm »
Yep, it takes time to SMS tens of thousands of people, so I guess they spread it out over about an hour.

I just registered. w00t. Now the long wait.  :!:  :P