Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:39:51 pm

Author Topic: Question re marks  (Read 7587 times)  Share 

lishan515

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Question re marks
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
Hi I have cousins in Adelaide
What is the percentile for the marks? so how many get a 20 19 18 17 etc
Thanks

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
Re: Question re marks
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »
from what I can see, their system is a little different to ours. Firstly, all those other pdfs that vcaa put out whch have been so usefull to us over the years aren't as easy to find (I'm sure they're hidden away on the internets somewhere). So it's been harder to try and figgure things out. Here's what I could find from www.sace.sa.edu

Your Stage 2 results are shown on the scale below:

Subject Achievement Score Grade Description
20 A Outstanding achievement
17-19 A Very high achievement
14-16 B High achievement
11-13 C Competent achievement
8-10 D Marginal achievement
3-7 E Low achievement

You gain satisfactory achievement for any subject with a Subject Achievement Score of 10 or more out of 20, or recorded achievement for any subject with a Subject Achievement Score of between 3 and 9 out of 20.

and

To gain the SACE, students complete about two years of full-time study which most students spread over three years.

There are two stages to the SACE:
Stage 1, which most students do in Year 11, apart from the Personal Learning Plan, which most students are likely to do in Year 10.
Stage 2, which most students do in Year 12.
Each subject or course successfully completed earns ‘credits’ towards the SACE. At least 200 credits are required for students to gain the certificate. Ten credits are equal to one semester, or two terms, of study in a subject, and 20 credits are equal to a full-year subject.

Students will receive a grade from A to E (A+ to E- at Stage 2) for each subject. For compulsory subjects, they will need to achieve a C grade or better.

The compulsory subjects are:

Personal Learning Plan (10 credits at Stage 1)
Literacy – at least 20 credits from a range of English subjects or courses (Stage 1)
Numeracy – at least 10 credits from a range of mathematics subjects or courses (Stage 1)
Research Project – an in-depth major project (10 credits at Stage 2)
Other Stage 2 subjects totalling at least 60 credits.
The remaining 90 credits can be gained through additional Stage 1 or Stage 2 subjects or Board-recognised courses of a student’s choice.

This table shows how the SACE fits together.

Requirements                                                                      Credits
Year 10  
Personal Learning Plan                                                          10
Year 11 (Stage 1)  
Literacy (from a range of English subjects and courses)              20
Numeracy (from a range of mathematics subjects and courses)  10
Year 11 or 12 (Stages 1 or 2 )    
Other subjects and courses of the student's choice                   up to 90
Year 12 ( Stage 2)  
Research Project                                                                   10
Other Stage 2 subjects and courses*                                      60 or more
Total                                                                                   200
and

Teachers at each student’s school will mark 70 per cent of work, while the remaining 30 per cent will be assessed by experts outside of the school. These experts will also double-check the marks students get from their teachers, to make sure everyone is marked according to the same standards.

I still can't find the exact answer to your question, but i'll be on the lookout. If there's any SA kiddies here then they'd be much better equiped to answer the question, so go right ahead if you know the answer (the sace system is surprisingly different to the vce).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:25:40 pm by chrisjb »
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:24:44 pm »
Here's some more usefull stuff:

http://www.satac.edu.au/satac/scalingwhat.pdf  this is the equilivant of "The ABC of Scaling" (I know this goes no way to answering your first question)
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

anjali14

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 04:31:20 am »
Each subject or course successfully completed earns ‘credits’ towards the SACE. At least 200 credits are required for students to gain the certificate. Ten credits are equal to one semester, or two terms, of study in a subject, and 20 credits are equal to a full-year subject.
**SignaturE**