Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 12:19:27 am

Author Topic: Need Some Advice  (Read 3119 times)  Share 

Odette

Need Some Advice
« on: March 25, 2008, 12:43:11 am »
Ok guys and girls, i need your advice about something..
My best friend; well one of them revealed that she loves me (she's bisexual) and I just don't feel the same way about her, what's the best way to tell her without hurting her feelings or losing her as a friend?
Thanks

droodles

Re: Need Some Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:52:10 am »
Wow thats...pretty big so I'm going to take something from the movie Elizabethtown starring Kirsten Dunst and Olando Bloom.

try to not do anything 'impulsive' so you could maintain your friendship

don't give into her because she is your friend, be firm and tell her such and such.

Odette

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:57:13 am »
Thanks for that droodles ^^

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:56:01 am »
droodles was... helpful?

I am in utter shock.

costargh

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 01:41:16 pm »
Well, if you don't feel that way about her I guess the best thing to do is to just say that you don't share the same orientation as she does and that she is simply one of the kindest people that you have ever come across and one of your closest friends.

What I'd also suggest to you would be NOT to avoid her and to deliberately not spend time together, (this goes for all situations like this, not just girl & girl) because even if you say to her "You're my best friend but I don't like you like that" but then choose to ignore her and avoid her in the hope her feelings change then you'll probably end up making her feel like shit and she will start panicking about losing a friend and you'll end up wondering if it was worth losing a friend just to avoid the awkwardness. Don't be afraid to face the situation, just be compassionate, understanding and just remember that you're dealing with one of your closest friends.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:46:33 pm by costargh »

Odette

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:38:05 pm »
Ahk thanks Costa ^^

millstone

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:47:35 am »
this happened to me too
what happened was after that it got weird and we didn't talk for ages but now we're good friends again somehow

Odette

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 08:28:52 am »
Well I spoke to her about it, and she's fine, told her how i felt, and we spoke for hours and she's completely ok with the whole thing. I guess I was just afraid of losing her as a friend, but yeah thanks again for the advice costa and droodles ^^

costargh

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:30 am »
No problem Odette, anytime =)

RD

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 11:20:51 pm »
Ok guys and girls, i need your advice about something..
My best friend; well one of them revealed that she loves me (she's bisexual) and I just don't feel the same way about her, what's the best way to tell her without hurting her feelings or losing her as a friend?
Thanks
i swear that must've felt so weird when she told you that...

Odette

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 10:09:10 am »
Yeah it did feel weird, but i guess i was ok with it since she's my best friend, but at the same time it was awkward because i didn't know what to say to her without hurting her feelings.

chikopapi

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 04:07:38 pm »
Only one thing you can do......

make pr0n movies!

droodles

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 04:27:54 pm »
im more than a forum troll you know, sometimes i can be helpful. god i hate you guys

costargh

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 05:39:10 pm »
im more than a forum troll you know, sometimes i can be helpful. god i hate you guys

I know that droodles. You advise me on how to only go for the hot and attractive girls and to fuck personality LOL! Thats so bad

Odette

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 07:12:25 pm »

Aww, you did help me so i'm thankful for that ^^