Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 12:15:27 pm

Author Topic: What are your Pre-Exam Rituals?  (Read 13299 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
What are your Pre-Exam Rituals?
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:09:08 am »
+3
Hi guys!

I thought it would be cool for us to share our Pre-Exam rituals. Advice for the night before. Really stupid stories from the night before an exam (any all nighters?), any superstitious things you just always do before an exam?

I'll start by saying that, for all my music performances from Year 9 onwards, I wore the same necklace. It was a pendant that I had bought after attending my first concert the year before, and I wore it for every performance. I didn't really think it gave me luck, or anything like that, but I just always did it, even to the point of turning my car around to grab the necklace in Year 11  ;D

Any advice for everyone else completing their Trials? Feel free to share!  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: What are your Pre-Exam Rituals?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:56:57 am »
+1
Hi guys!

I thought it would be cool for us to share our Pre-Exam rituals. Advice for the night before. Really stupid stories from the night before an exam (any all nighters?), any superstitious things you just always do before an exam?

I'll start by saying that, for all my music performances from Year 9 onwards, I wore the same necklace. It was a pendant that I had bought after attending my first concert the year before, and I wore it for every performance. I didn't really think it gave me luck, or anything like that, but I just always did it, even to the point of turning my car around to grab the necklace in Year 11  ;D

Any advice for everyone else completing their Trials? Feel free to share!  ;D

Besides my lucky pen i have been using since the start of Year 11 (to the point where I had to refill it several times!!) I dont really have any superstitious things to do pretrials. I go to the toilet, bring water in a small bottle to ensure i dont drink too mucn and have to go to the toilet and have my favourite highlighters :)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:04:10 am »
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals

...woah

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:09:24 am »
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals
Rituals

...woah

Hahaha i agree "rituals" is a very different way of describing pre exam prep!!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:13:24 am »
+6
I take goat bone marrow and mix it with pig juice while incanting "don't fuck this up" at rapid pace.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:15:02 am »
+4
Posted this a few years back :)

I have an enormous ritual. I get to the exam place wearing my favourite shirt and socks and ensure that I've spent exactly 11 seconds to put my tie on (top-button is not done up). I usually go to the school library before an exam and turn on my Nintendo DS (which is at exactly 79% charge), I then ensure that I have caught a shiny pokemon within the next 15 minutes of my DS being on. If I don't, I know I'm doomed. Once caught (in the time or less), I pull out my CAS and, to calm my nerves, sketch random polar and parametric equations for about 5 mins. This usually leaves me with 15mins to go. I go to my locker and store my phone, DS, CAS, etc and grab my pencil case, ID and drink bottle. I take one sip from my 750mL drink bottle (that's it). On my way to the exam room, I ensure that I don't bump into anyone or any walls, however, I do take the stairs by twos. Once outside the room, waiting, I talk to no-one except anyone who is not sitting the exam and hum a tune of my own choosing (preferably in iambic pentameter though). Once in the exam room, I ensure my table and chair are not wobbly and the take another sip from my drink bottle, then, the paper begins. Throughout the process, I ensure to not walk on any cracks or walk under any ladders, I also refrain from going anywhere near Platforms 12 and 13 in Flinders Street (safety, more than anything else).

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 09:16:14 am »
I take goat bone marrow and mix it with pig juice while incanting "don't fuck this up" at rapid pace.

Woah I certainly have to try this one! Did it work for you? ;)
(The secrets of getting a 99 ATAR :P)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 09:16:36 am »
I used to just sleep and wake up the next day...

:D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 09:19:01 am »
Posted this a few years back :)

Wow this is so specific!! Well good on you at least for having a plan to stick to :D

I used to just sleep and wake up the next day...
:D

Lol then come in with a doctor's certificate and get an average or longer to sit the paper ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 09:20:07 am »
+1
Wow this is so specific!! Well good on you at least for having a plan to stick to :D

Lol then come in with a doctor's certificate and get an average or longer to sit the paper ;D
M8

It's called having a good immune system to beat everyone in the trials without the certificate ;D

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 09:21:09 am »
+1

Clearly I wasn't being serious hahahaha :P

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 09:35:33 am »
Clearly I wasn't being serious hahahaha :P

Lol well you have to wear school uniform dont you lol? What gave it away I wonder.. But DS's were the thing back in 2011!! :P

Essej

• Forum Regular
  • "Don't settle for good. Strive for great".
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 02:30:34 pm »
I know it's a little different to everyone else and please don't judge but

I go on atarnotes the night before every exam

(seriously elyse's media article on NT detention centres would have saved me in legal studies for young offenders today (maybe there was a question on it - my lips are sealed))

Also it's important to line up my pens in the exact order dependent on length, colour and usability (ball point inkjoys) before an exam because ocd :)
Class of 2016
------------------------
English Advanced: 93
Legal Studies: 96
Economics: 93
Business Studies: 92
Studies of Religion (2 Unit): 93

2016 ATAR: 98.75

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 02:45:59 pm »
+1
I know it's a little different to everyone else and please don't judge but

I go on atarnotes the night before every exam

(seriously elyse's media article on NT detention centres would have saved me in legal studies for young offenders today (maybe there was a question on it - my lips are sealed))

Also it's important to line up my pens in the exact order dependent on length, colour and usability (ball point inkjoys) before an exam because ocd :)

Best ritual ever  ;) I always had to line my pens up right next to each other on the top left corner of the desk! All papermates ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 04:15:01 pm »
+1
Best ritual ever  ;) I always had to line my pens up right next to each other on the top left corner of the desk! All papermates ;D

Lol I have a ziplock bag and put no less than 5 pens in there.
All the lids have to be on the pens, all the pens have to be the same. All the pens have to be facing the same direction.

The exam starts and I rush in to my ziplock bag to find one and dont give two hoots about the way the others are then until the end of the exam. ;D

(This is not as bad as my friend though who insists on taking at least 7 highlighters into every exam because the first 6 might all run out :P)