Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 11:04:45 pm

Author Topic: HELP ME WITH TIMETABLE PLS  (Read 2710 times)  Share 

millerpede5165

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: HELP ME WITH TIMETABLE PLS
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 04:02:37 pm »
I'm helping my friend with her Arts timetable and there is an auto-allocated lecture for FRENCH running at the same time as an auto-allocated part one lecture for philosophy, is it ok to miss lectures or will she have to consider changing subjects (im really sorry if this has already been asked & answered but we are dazed and desperate to find out)
MBBS class of 2015

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »
You'll basically have to choose between the two. Don't worry though:

1) most lectures are recorded
2) lectures don't take attendance so you won't lose marks or anything for not showing up

Just make sure you do catch up on the recordings - it can be very very easy to get behind.
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 09:19:20 pm »
I'm helping my friend with her Arts timetable and there is an auto-allocated lecture for FRENCH running at the same time as an auto-allocated part one lecture for philosophy, is it ok to miss lectures or will she have to consider changing subjects (im really sorry if this has already been asked & answered but we are dazed and desperate to find out)

Take it by ear. Realistically, she should be able to manage. She should be able to watch one of them online instead. So long as she has the discipline to watch the lecture she misses online instead, she'll be alright. Most uni students are quite lazy and don't much like attending lectures anyway.

However, if after the first few weeks she finds it isn't working out so well, it might be best to push philosophy back to second semester and bring one of her second semester subjects forward instead.

Also, some subjects might have a test held during lecture time, so just be aware of when the test is (if this happens to be the case for her subjects). She *will* need to attend that test, regardless of the clash.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

millerpede5165

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »
Okay. Yeah we didn't know if it was a major problem missing a lecture, thanks for that ninwa.
MBBS class of 2015