Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 03:15:01 am

Author Topic: Transfer between universities  (Read 990 times)  Share 

Streaker

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +16
Transfer between universities
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend...

She got an ATAR of 88 and made it into Law at VU. Would it be possible, if she had good enough marks in her first year, to transfer to Deakin Law after a semester? Or does the transfer have to be after a year?

Thanks in advance.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Re: Transfer between universities
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:15:03 am »
This is all I could find, I think it's for internal transfers but I don't see why it would be any different for external:

Quote from: http://www.deakin.edu.au/buslaw/law/currentstudents/campus-transfer.php
How do I transfer from a non-law course into a law course?
Normally the achievement of a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 and the completion of eight credit points in their current course is required for the application for transfer to be considered.

8 credit points I think means 8 subjects, which means 2 semesters?
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Predator

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »
This is possible with a high GPA.
Applications are generally in June I hear but it would differ for each university.
Email Deakin when you get the chance to see how their mid year applications work in regards to transferring. I am sure there is a decent chance if her marks are high along with there being spots left over in the course.
ATAR 2010: 84.70

Physical Education: 40
Further Maths: 38
Economics: 36
Design & Technology: 35
English: 34
Visual Communication and Design: 34

chelseaFC

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »
I'm not sure which thread to ask this in so hopeully here is acceptable.

I know I may seem like a dreamer but do any Victorian universities have a connection with Harvard or a school of that degree? My dream would be to study for a semester or year in such a school. How could I go about this?

Bonifacio

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:59:55 pm »
I'm not sure which thread to ask this in so hopeully here is acceptable.

I know I may seem like a dreamer but do any Victorian universities have a connection with Harvard or a school of that degree? My dream would be to study for a semester or year in such a school. How could I go about this?

You will need a lot of money to study at Harvard. I know a surgeon who worked in America for a few years. He said to study medicine at Harvard/Yale you will need $1,000,000, even as an American citizen. You either get a scholarship to study post graduate because you've been absolutely brilliant in your undergrad degree or you give up.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »
That's because medicine in America will put you in a ridiculous amount of debt. Any Ivy League school is expensive but if you go on exchange you can get grants from the government to help subsidize that