Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:25:52 am

Author Topic: The Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 752744 times)  Share 

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
Re: The Random Thoughts Thread [Currently: Early morning exercise]
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2017, 06:36:28 pm »
+2
idk im in the library doing work..
It could be voices inside your head telling you to stop procrastinating on AN and do some work.

idk just a possibility.  :-\

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »
+2
It could be voices inside your head telling you to stop procrastinating on AN and do some work.

Yup!!
Thts Def. it!! ;D :D ;D ;D
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2017, 06:53:41 pm »
+5
So... my 4.5yo sister saw my chem textbook and wanted to read it, so now she's learning about integrated rate laws 😂
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:42 pm »
+1
So... my 4.5yo sister saw my chem textbook and wanted to read it, so now she's learning about integrated rate laws 😂
Expect a 50 in chem from her!  ;D

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2017, 07:01:33 pm »
+3

brainwash them early. that's the way
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2017, 07:36:27 pm »
+4
Driving home from the WSCE expo today, stopped in traffic, and I feel my car jolt. Someone tapped the back of my car. My brand new, purchased two weeks ago, car. As I'm sitting deciding whether it is actually what I think it is, the joker does it again.

No damage at all, thank goodness it was a 2km/h love tap, but what got me was the reason -> Someone was indicating trying to squeeze in behind me to get into the turning lane and this guy didn't want to let him in. So he got close to my car to block him - And hit it. Not once, but twice. He'd thought my car rolling forward after the first hit was just more space to fill to block the other guy. Two for the price of one thanks!

PSA - Even if the person indicating to get into the lane is being a bit of a nuisance, just let them in. Thank you :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2017, 07:37:53 pm »
+4
^This is why the world can't have nice things. Glad there's no damage!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2017, 07:39:04 pm »
+1
Driving home from the WSCE expo today, stopped in traffic, and I feel my car jolt. Someone tapped the back of my car. My brand new, purchased two weeks ago, car. As I'm sitting deciding whether it is actually what I think it is, the joker does it again.

No damage at all, thank goodness it was a 2km/h love tap, but what got me was the reason -> Someone was indicating trying to squeeze in behind me to get into the turning lane and this guy didn't want to let him in. So he got close to my car to block him - And hit it. Not once, but twice. He'd thought my car rolling forward after the first hit was just more space to fill to block the other guy. Two for the price of one thanks!

PSA - Even if the person indicating to get into the lane is being a bit of a nuisance, just let them in. Thank you :)

It's like those moments when you know they're in the wrong but you go out of your way to avoid it because you don't want to get in trouble.

Sometimes you gotta let an idiot do what they gotta do :\ Glad there was no damage to your car.

Ps. What car is it? :D

Maybe.... Well I just went out and got some chicken skewers D: Back to work it is!

Mod edit (insanipi): Merged posts 😊
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:40:34 pm by insanipi »
Heavy Things :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »
+4
Ps. What car is it? :D

Mazda 2 Sedan! Was very happy my expensive purchase hadn't been scratched ;D

Wales

• Forum Leader
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2017, 07:48:27 pm »
Mazda 2 Sedan! Was very happy my expensive purchase hadn't been scratched ;D

Nice :D Congrats on the purchase my friend!

Though if I had a choice of a Mazda I'd get the Rx7 lol :P #jdmlife ;)

amorphous

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2017, 08:00:38 pm »
Just curious but, is this where you thought you would be five years ago? In terms of where you're at in life right now?
(v random)

Wales

• Forum Leader
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »
Just curious but, is this where you thought you would be five years ago? In terms of where you're at in life right now?
(v random)

Stressed and scared of University/finishing school. A similar feeling I had in year 6, missing all my friends and the teachers.

I suppose my childhood goals have slowly dissipated as my interests shifted. For the better though in my opinion.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2017, 08:30:08 pm »
(v random)

yes
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2017, 08:33:10 pm »
yes
Idk if this is too random but ima ask it anyway.
If I jumped in a massive piece of sh*t from a window, would I die because of the height or because of the smell? Idk I just had to say it. The answer seems pretty logical but anyway...  :P

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2017, 08:36:00 pm »

Good job on not losing your shit - I would have probably gone mental if it were my car :o

Stressed and scared of University/finishing school. A similar feeling I had in year 6, missing all my friends and the teachers.

I suppose my childhood goals have slowly dissipated as my interests shifted. For the better though in my opinion.
Felt this so much last year! Don't worry, university isn't that bad :P It's a new adventure! Just enjoy the remaining time you have left at high school, and treasure the memories that you make. :) Plus, once you're finished, there's nothing stopping you from staying in contact with people! I have still managed to stay in contact with some teachers and my high school friends. It takes a bit more effort, because you're obviously not all in the one place, but it's possible and definitely worth it.