Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 08:28:55 pm

Author Topic: The Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 752958 times)  Share 

Phoenix11

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +29
Re: The Random Thoughts Thread [Currently: How do you use AN?]
« Reply #1110 on: September 12, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »
+2
No way!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:43:50 pm by Phoenix11 »
Phoenix11-
Work hard in silence and let your success be your noise.
😄

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: The Random Thoughts Thread [Currently: Brenden is a filthy liar]
« Reply #1111 on: September 12, 2017, 05:51:15 pm »
+6
when procrastination turns into looking for kahoots tomorrow... last modern lesson :-(
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #1112 on: September 12, 2017, 06:02:15 pm »
+4
when procrastination turns into looking for kahoots tomorrow... last modern lesson :-(
Nawww, make the most of it!! ahaha I remember my last modern lesson. We had two modern classes at my school - the other classes teacher read them a little speech, wrote them all personalised letters, and brought dumplings. MY teacher made us do source analysis for half an hour, then took us to see the construction site of the Tramsheds (which we couldn't enter)  ::)

Gotta love him though (my secret theory is that he was trying to make it seem not like the last lesson cos he was so devo ;) )
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #1113 on: September 12, 2017, 06:02:57 pm »
+6
Nawww, make the most of it!! ahaha I remember my last modern lesson. We had two modern classes at my school - the other classes teacher read them a little speech, wrote them all personalised letters, and brought dumplings. MY teacher made us do source analysis for half an hour, then took us to see the construction site of the Tramsheds (which we couldn't enter)  ::)

Gotta love him though (my secret theory is that he was trying to make it seem not like the last lesson cos he was so devo ;) )

How good are dumplings, though?

Could smash some dumplings rn.

@Kate @Heidi

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1114 on: September 12, 2017, 06:13:56 pm »
+3

it's sad because out of all my subjects, modern is the first of the last subjects (i hope that makes sense hahaha). that's so cute though the whole speech and letters AND dumplings. goals.

awww i bet he misses your class so much! my teacher kinda got annoyed we weren't doing work when he walked in at the beginning of the lesson today (we were playing kahoot... whoops) but then joined in :-) i'll miss modern so much - i don't know if it's because of the teacher, or the subject is that good. probably both.

@Kate @Heidi

dumplings are great :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #1115 on: September 12, 2017, 06:27:01 pm »
+5

@Kate @Heidi
I heard the word dumplings, and I came running

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1116 on: September 12, 2017, 06:36:37 pm »
+6
it's sad because out of all my subjects, modern is the first of the last subjects (i hope that makes sense hahaha). that's so cute though the whole speech and letters AND dumplings. goals.

awww i bet he misses your class so much! my teacher kinda got annoyed we weren't doing work when he walked in at the beginning of the lesson today (we were playing kahoot... whoops) but then joined in :-) i'll miss modern so much - i don't know if it's because of the teacher, or the subject is that good. probably both.

dumplings are great :-)
It was very sweet aha, and yeah I'm sure he misses us aha, how could he not, we were a riot ;) I still see him fairly regularly though as i work at my school now, which is nice :)

Modern and Drama are definitely the subjects I miss the most. The last drama lesson was actually devastating aha - everyone (and I mean everyone, including the teacher) was crying. I guess that's probably due to the fact that since Drama requires so much group work, we really were all super close by the end of the year.

Your teacher sounds awesome - definitely makes a huge difference with any subject (though modern is particularly amazing in my completely biased opinion ;) )

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1117 on: September 12, 2017, 06:52:53 pm »
+4
It was very sweet aha, and yeah I'm sure he misses us aha, how could he not, we were a riot ;) I still see him fairly regularly though as i work at my school now, which is nice :)

Modern and Drama are definitely the subjects I miss the most. The last drama lesson was actually devastating aha - everyone (and I mean everyone, including the teacher) was crying. I guess that's probably due to the fact that since Drama requires so much group work, we really were all super close by the end of the year.

Your teacher sounds awesome - definitely makes a huge difference with any subject (though modern is particularly amazing in my completely biased opinion ;) )

oh wow that's pretty cool! what do you do?

classes that are really close by the end of the year are really great, like you have a family with lit group chats, facebook groups and all hahaha. maths is a horrible subject (sorry if there's people here who like maths) (there's probably a lot i apologise) but we've all bonded because of how crap it is 😂

yea for sure! modern is a great subject on its own, and with an amazing teacher it makes it even better :-) seriously considering doing a history minor or something like that in uni just because... history

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #1118 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:34 pm »
+3
I heard the word dumplings, and I came running

Fried, boiled or steamed?

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1119 on: September 12, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »
+2
oh wow that's pretty cool! what do you do?

classes that are really close by the end of the year are really great, like you have a family with lit group chats, facebook groups and all hahaha. maths is a horrible subject (sorry if there's people here who like maths) (there's probably a lot i apologise) but we've all bonded because of how crap it is 😂

yea for sure! modern is a great subject on its own, and with an amazing teacher it makes it even better :-) seriously considering doing a history minor or something like that in uni just because... history
homework club supervisor :) basically just a glorified babysitter on most days, but on occasion modern/extension history students drop by and we go through stuff which is awesome! Pretty much had a mini class going before trials aha.

Yeah definitely - I think I was pretty lucky in the sense that most of the subjects I did bar English, Modern and Religion only had one class running, meaning it was way easier to develop a close bond with everyone in the cohort (even though modern had two classes, they were both pretty small so we did manage that with that subjects as well for the most part :) )

Wahoo!!! Often wish I did history at uni, since I really miss studying it (obvi get some release through AN stuff aha, but miss actually LEARNING it). ATM thinking that once I finish my current degree, I'll go and do another degree in history as well, then go onto make history docos aha :) What area of history do you think you'd want to look at?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #1120 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »
+5
Fried, boiled or steamed?
I don't discriminate lol.

Nah, really depends on what's inside. But probably have a preference for steamed, I guess?

JG97

• Trailblazer
  • It's a weird world out there, Morty.
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #1121 on: September 12, 2017, 07:35:18 pm »
+2
Random thought:
What would you prefer, a teleportation device or a time machine?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #1122 on: September 12, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »
+4
I didn't bother scrolling; just saw the caption.

OMG BRENDEN HOW COULD YOU.
Random thought:
What would you prefer, a teleportation device or a time machine?
Well obviously TP.

JG97

• Trailblazer
  • It's a weird world out there, Morty.
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #1123 on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:44 pm »
+4
I didn't bother scrolling; just saw the caption.

OMG BRENDEN HOW COULD YOU.Well obviously TP.

I'm torn between the two. TP would eliminate the need to drive/catch public transport somewhere, but time-travel would allow me to go to different periods in history.
For the moment, I'd go with time-travel.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #1124 on: September 12, 2017, 07:40:37 pm »
+5
Stepped on a snail walking home. Felt bad.