Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:35:05 pm

Author Topic: What is the difference between the VCE tests and the SAT?  (Read 7034 times)  Share 

melikenaruto

• Non-Student
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What is the difference between the VCE tests and the SAT?
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:47:51 pm »
Hi Anyone,

I'm currently enrolled in the Australian International School in Indonesia, and about to start year 12 tomorrow. I think my school uses the BSSS system or something like that. I was wondering, if I wanted to go to a Uni in the States that required SAT, can I convert the VCE/SAC (not sure which one I take) test scores to an SAT score instead of doing the SAT?

And I was told by my principal that I can convert ATAR scores to IB scores. Is that true?

I'm not really sure about all this stuff so I'm sorry if I've confused anyone but it would be very helpful if someone could clarify basically 2 things:

1) If i need to do SAT if i did the Australian equivalent of it (and what this equivalent is called)?
2) If I can convert to IB scores from the Australian equivalent (which I'm guessing is an ATAR score)?

Thanks in advance

Junaidi

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
Re: What is the difference between the VCE tests and the SAT?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:19:06 pm »
You sit the SAT in Australia. The courses/subjects you do are used to calculate your GPA. You need a high school certificate.