Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 02:10:12 pm

Author Topic: Monash SEAS Calculator  (Read 1111 times)  Share 

issyfailingyear12

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Monash SEAS Calculator
« on: August 26, 2020, 01:35:53 pm »
Hey guys

I have applied for Category 2 and 3 for SEAS.

For Category 2, I have my own Centrelink number, one of my parents has Tax Benefit A/B and my other parent is on a disability payment.
For Category 3, I have a few medical conditions.

What would I put for Financial Disadvantage and Medical Condition for the Monash SEAS Calculator?
2019: HHD - 39 | Geography 42
2020: Methods | English | Biology | Chemistry | Psychology

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Monash SEAS Calculator
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 02:14:49 pm »
+2
Financial is high - it used to say so in previous versions of the calc that if you're on Centrelink, just set financial disadvantage to high (fun fact: I never saw my family as poor. When I was told that just having Centrelink meant I counted as the highest form of financial disadvantage, I was dumbstruck lol)

Medical conditions - it depends on what those conditions are, but even if you told us, we probably wouldn't be able to tell you what to do put anyway. What you should do is use the calculator twice - once at none, and once at high, and that'll give you a range of ATARs that you might possibly get with SEAS. If you're doing this for goal setting, it may be worth setting your goals as if your medical conditions weren't accepted - that way, if they are, you'll get a nice bonus for yourself. In truth, you won't really know how much your SEAS help you out - you can make guesses if you look into it, but VCAA aren't going to tell you much.

Having said that, if you're applying for Monash and are worried your medical conditions won't help, it's worth clicking here to look at the Monash Guarantee, because you qualify for it just by being on Centrelink payments. (you didn't mention that you were on Centrelink payments or if you have a LIHCC, but your parent being on Family Tax Benefit A counts)