Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:08:01 pm

Author Topic: confusion with double degree info sessions/enrolments!  (Read 8509 times)  Share 

hard

Re: confusion with double degree info sessions/enrolments!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 10:38:14 pm »
zomg, today was the most boring thing ever. Did not even learn anything new, thanks Monash!

Are you refering to the science info session?

I reckon it was alright...basically its told me that i dont really have to worry about picking from a list of like 30 but rather a list of 5...and ive already cut that list down to 4.

My commerce session..i came late like 1 minute in :P i didn't learn anything new till the very end where i spoke to one of the course advisors
Oh I think I saw you walk in lol, did you walk in with a chick?
that was me lol do you mean the commerce lecture?  with the blonde girl?
yeah, LOL that was you! I saw you lol
haha say hi next time

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »
EDIT: Man, that same-sex marriage group/club were f****** annoying. What a way to start university.

You will learn verrrrry quickly to avoid people with fliers and students running for election.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 11:02:27 pm »
EDIT: Man, that same-sex marriage group/club were f****** annoying. What a way to start university.

You will learn verrrrry quickly to avoid people with fliers and students running for election.

i got gang attacked by stupid student union ppl with their annoying handouts and fliers as soon as i left my info session  >:(
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 12:11:45 am »

i got gang attacked by stupid student union ppl with their annoying handouts and fliers as soon as i left my info session  >:(

The way you deal with that is:

1. you collect as many flyers as possible, all sorts of different ones, multiples of the same ones
2. you hand them out to completely random people. See that janitor over there? See that lecturer over there? See that other JAFFY over there? See that guy handing out pamphlets over there? See that you've just lost the game what?
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 12:42:19 am »

i got gang attacked by stupid student union ppl with their annoying handouts and fliers as soon as i left my info session  >:(

Do NOT stop and talk to them, or you will be trapped FOREVER!! (or at least until all the free booze is gone)
If they try to talk to you then just shake your head, wave them off and look away... tis a fine art I tells ya.

Or if you're really bored, you could always just pretend you don't understand English too well... one of my Asian friends pulled this one: "Student erection... what this?"

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 12:53:28 am »

Do NOT stop and talk to them, or you will be trapped FOREVER!! (or at least until all the free booze is gone)
If they try to talk to you then just shake your head, wave them off and look away... tis a fine art I tells ya.

Or if you're really bored, you could always just pretend you don't understand English too well... one of my Asian friends pulled this one: "Student erection... what this?"

f##k i hate being white
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:11 pm »

f##k i hate being white

I'm also of the whiteness... I was the only Aussie in my Japanese tute last semester... my sensei thought it was absolutely hilarious... so many chuugokujin Internashs.

I spose you could pretend to be Swedish?

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 01:52:34 pm »

f##k i hate being white

I'm also of the whiteness... I was the only Aussie in my Japanese tute last semester... my sensei thought it was absolutely hilarious... so many chuugokujin Internashs.

nah, my hair is too dark to be swedish lol

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 01:55:33 pm »

f##k i hate being white

nah, my hair is too dark to be swedish lol

Italian then :P

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 01:56:13 pm »

LOL my Jap cohort had very, very few 100% white people, and a few half white people (who were also half Japanese =P)

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 02:00:48 pm »

LOL my Jap cohort had very, very few 100% white people, and a few half white people (who were also half Japanese =P)

Yeah, it's a pretty rare thing... me and my Jap, caramel and her Chinese... we're white chicks rocking the azn-ness XD

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2010, 02:00:58 pm »
same here, i did jap at vsl and yeah, about 98% asian