Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 03:13:33 am

Poll

When is good for you for a (lunchtime) meetup in May?

Monday 13th
Tuesday 14th
Wednesday 15th
Thursday 16th
Friday 17th
Monday 20th
Tuesday 21st
Wednesday 22nd
Thursday 23rd
Friday 24th

Author Topic: NSW Meetup in May  (Read 3310 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
NSW Meetup in May
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:18:08 am »
+9
Hey gang! Put simply, it's been a fair while since the last NSW meetup, and I think we're long overdue for another ;D

This in mind, let's get some dialogue happening on a date, since that's always the hardest part. I've popped a few dates in the poll over a fortnightly period - Let us know what's good for you! ;D

(For those newer or who don't know, we try and actually meet up every so often to put faces to online names, chill out, have a bit of food and a bit of a rant about school/uni, etc - All are welcome! ;D)

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: NSW Meetup in May
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 01:12:54 pm »
I can do the Thursdays since I finish a bit early, but I've got to pop back for football training. Probably the biggest problem is that it's a school term; classes until 3:15 most days and training afterwards some days, and then weekends are blocked out. Would like the 23rd more than the 16th, but it doesn't really matter. Looking forward to this :)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 02:42:08 pm »
Tuesdays are my only good days (have classes for uni during lunch time  :() I'll catch everyone at the next meet up if the availability skews elsewhere  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 03:49:37 pm »
+1
Hey gang! Put simply, it's been a fair while since the last NSW meetup, and I think we're long overdue for another ;D

This in mind, let's get some dialogue happening on a date, since that's always the hardest part. I've popped a few dates in the poll over a fortnightly period - Let us know what's good for you! ;D

(For those newer or who don't know, we try and actually meet up every so often to put faces to online names, chill out, have a bit of food and a bit of a rant about school/uni, etc - All are welcome! ;D)

Hey all, yeah I have the same problem as funjirachi, gonna be at school since it's a school term. I'll try my best though  ;D
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 04:36:40 pm »
+5
I TOTALLY FORGOT SCHOOL WAS A THING! Sorry fam - Will arrange another meetup for the next school holidays for sure ;D

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 06:17:33 pm »
+5
I TOTALLY FORGOT SCHOOL WAS A THING! Sorry fam - Will arrange another meetup for the next school holidays for sure ;D

Maybe the trimesters are finally getting to you!!
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 09:33:31 pm »
+1
Maybe the trimesters are finally getting to you!!

look this is a possibility because i didn’t even know school was back until i couldn’t get a seat on the train in the morning :-//

definitely down to see you guys again !!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:07 pm »
+6
Fam, details TBD but let's lock in lunchtime Wednesday 22nd May. I reckon we ditch the DF and go grab lunch at a decent burger joint or somewhere equally chill and cheap ;D

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 08:45:32 pm »
+2
Fam, details TBD but let's lock in lunchtime Wednesday 22nd May. I reckon we ditch the DF and go grab lunch at a decent burger joint or somewhere equally chill and cheap ;D

DF :-((((((( but on a very good note I'm not working that one Wednesday woooooooot

As for places to eat:
- Betty's Burgers is pretty good. It's located at Darling Harbour (closest train station is Wynyard, I believe) so that should be pretty accessible for everyone.
- I think Criniti's would be really fun if we get the 1m pizza and try to finish it lol.
- Ribs & Burgers? I've never been but I've heard good things about it. There are a few locations you guys can check out here but I think the one at Central Park is the most accessible and we can get gelato after at Gelatissimo or Anita's!!

Happy to hear more suggestions :-))))
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 09:13:03 pm »
+5
DF :-((((((( but on a very good note I'm not working that one Wednesday woooooooot

As for places to eat:
- Betty's Burgers is pretty good. It's located at Darling Harbour (closest train station is Wynyard, I believe) so that should be pretty accessible for everyone.
- I think Criniti's would be really fun if we get the 1m pizza and try to finish it lol.
- Ribs & Burgers? I've never been but I've heard good things about it. There are a few locations you guys can check out here but I think the one at Central Park is the most accessible and we can get gelato after at Gelatissimo or Anita's!!

Happy to hear more suggestions :-))))

Nice! Can vouch for all three of those being great calls, a few forum people went to Ribs and Burgers impromptu in January so can defs repeat ;D also happy to book us a spot at Criniti's if people are okay with it being a bit more pricey!

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 10:08:23 pm »
Nice! Can vouch for all three of those being great calls, a few forum people went to Ribs and Burgers impromptu in January so can defs repeat ;D
Hmm I was thinking Ribs and Burgers since it's more public-transport friendly?

also happy to book us a spot at Criniti's if people are okay with it being a bit more pricey!
How pricey are we talking about? (The website doesn't help much because I can't find the prices lmao)
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 11:28:29 pm »
+1
Nice! Can vouch for all three of those being great calls, a few forum people went to Ribs and Burgers impromptu in January so can defs repeat ;D also happy to book us a spot at Criniti's if people are okay with it being a bit more pricey!

Omg I feel so validated rn you don't even know 😂 good to hear I have decent taste in food hahahaha

Down for Ribs & Burgers though!

How pricey are we talking about? (The website doesn't help much because I can't find the prices lmao)

Yea it is a lot more accessible than the other two. As for Criniti's, Google Image search for menus shows those prices. It is on the expensive side so totally understandable if people don't want to go there!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 11:30:35 pm »

Darling Harbour (Criniti's/Betty's) is a 10 minute stroll from Wynyard so not much different to walking from Central to Central Park! ;D Criniti's is like $25 mains or so, just a bit of a jump from a burger joint - Tbh I think a burger spot would be more our vibe anyway, but happy with whatever ;D

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:22 am »
+1
How long will you guys be staying? If you’re still around at about 3:15-3:30 I might just show up for what’s left of the meetup :)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 07:40:29 pm »
So what time are we meeting this Wednesday and where?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW