Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 10, 2024, 09:44:30 am

Author Topic: Biology Units 1 and 2 exam tips  (Read 2046 times)  Share 

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Biology Units 1 and 2 exam tips
« on: September 17, 2017, 06:10:30 pm »
Hi.
So exams are coming up next term and I was just wondering whether anyone has some good tips for resources to use for study or any ideas of how to achieve the best mark possible! ;)

neverlookback

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
Re: Biology Units 1 and 2 exam tips
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 06:47:25 pm »
+1
Hi.
So exams are coming up next term and I was just wondering whether anyone has some good tips for resources to use for study or any ideas of how to achieve the best mark possible! ;)
Make a study timetable atleast 2 weeks before the exam and cover everything you need to know for the exam. Try practise exams, they will give you a good understanding of the possible types of questions that can be asked. Take regular notes in class and review them frequently. Annotate sections of your textbook that you think are important.
Good luck :)

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04:02 pm »
Make a study timetable atleast 2 weeks before the exam and cover everything you need to know for the exam. Try practise exams, they will give you a good understanding of the possible types of questions that can be asked. Take regular notes in class and review them frequently. Annotate sections of your textbook that you think are important.
Good luck :)
Alright, I'll give it a try! Thank you so much!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 07:18:05 pm »
+2
Hi.
I think a really important thing to do is make dot point lists of content you need to know! And highlight stuff that you don't understand or feel like you have less of an understanding of - it makes more sense to spend more time studying this, rather than studying stuff you have down pat unnecessarily. :)

Also do some practice exams and questions if you have access to them - your best bet is to probably ask your teacher for these!

I also enjoyed making mind maps and posters to revise concepts, so if you find you like doing this as well, maybe give it a shot.

All the best! :)

neverlookback

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:03:58 am »
Alright, I'll give it a try! Thank you so much!
No problem. Good luck with your exam :)

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:17 am »
+1
I think a really important thing to do is make dot point lists of content you need to know! And highlight stuff that you don't understand or feel like you have less of an understanding of - it makes more sense to spend more time studying this, rather than studying stuff you have down pat unnecessarily. :)

Also do some practice exams and questions if you have access to them - your best bet is to probably ask your teacher for these!

I also enjoyed making mind maps and posters to revise concepts, so if you find you like doing this as well, maybe give it a shot.

All the best! :)
Thanks that is so helpful! I'll give it a go!