Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:32:29 am

Author Topic: A HSC Paper A Day  (Read 1773 times)

statues

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
A HSC Paper A Day
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:09:46 am »
+6
So I've been pretty slack since trials ended. But it's thirty days to english paper 1 and I'm starting to feel motivated.
I want to complete every past HSC paper from 2001 - 2016 for four of my subjects MX1,MX2, chem and physics.
Thats 64 tests.
Goal: To go into my HSC hall and sit down for each subject having done every past paper for the last sixteen years.
How I'm going to get there: I figure a minimum of one paper a day will keep me on track and in the zone - I can probably pump out multiples during the holidays.

I'm posting this because I figure if anyone wants to join me, we can post what papers we've done each day.

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: A HSC Paper A Day
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:04:37 am »
+2
Haha, sounds like a good idea!! ;D

I actually sat two past papers yesterday -- the Mathematics Extension 1 NSB 2017 trial and the 2016 English Paper 1 exam.
I also had a crack at a topic test for Genetics: Code Broken, which I felt was pretty good, so all round productive day yesterday with past papers

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:51:22 am »
+3
I like this thread - Once you guys have graduated, you should definitely be aiming for a past paper a day, perhaps more!

Love your goal statues / Get into a routine! When I did my HSC I did this same thing for 2U and 3U, did every HSC Paper from 1992 onwards - If you do the papers in a routine (math paper every morning) you might be surprised how much you get done!

statues

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 01:07:39 am »
+6
You'd think being the person who started this thread - that I'd at least stick to for the first day.

I technically didn't finish a whole test today :( . I did the last two questions of a 4u 2016 and the first 5 from 3u 2007.  Which is combined probably close to a test, but it doesn't count in my mind.

I could have easily done three tests today, but I was stupid and procrastinated. Clearly ( as i'm posting this at 1am) my time management isn't great either.
There's something to gain from this failure though - I need to start working harder during the day instead of switching on late at night.

Failure isn't the end. Onto tomorrow.