Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 12, 2024, 06:15:15 pm

Author Topic: Info Day UNSW [Question]  (Read 706 times)  Share 

FallonXay

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
Info Day UNSW [Question]
« on: December 01, 2016, 12:25:27 pm »
Hello!

I was just wondering what info day is for? What's the point/What do you do? Also, do you have to register to attend, or can you just rock up on the day?

Thanks for answering in advanced  :)
HSC (2016): English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics: Extension 1 || Physics || Design and Technology || Japanese Beginners

University: B Science (Computer Science) @UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Info Day UNSW [Question]
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »
+1
Hello!

I was just wondering what info day is for? What's the point/What do you do? Also, do you have to register to attend, or can you just rock up on the day?

I don't actually know too much about the Info Day, but from what I've heard it just orients you to the university and gives people who may be unsure about what to study some guidance. Campus tours, fun stuff, etc. I never attended them, aha ;D

Pretty sure you can definitely just rock up though! :)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 03:07:24 pm »
+1
I have to be honest. I found the info day quite useless; I just heard information I already knew.

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:44 pm »
+2
Hello!

I've certainly been to a number of info days myself as I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go (and I still don't). I personally find them helpful if you're someone like me who doesn't have a clear images of where they will be next year. Most of the uni's will email you with all the details about their info days and in that email there is always a link to register which I recommend doing because it gives you an idea of what they offer before you even get there - though that being said, if you don't register they still allow you participate in everything, it just means that you have to decide what activities you want to go to and if they all add up time wise (which I think is more stressful).

Much like Jamon said info days have a variety things on offer. They give tours of the campus, have lectures on different course areas (i.e. if your interested in Law then you can catch a lecture that gives you everything you need to know about law etc), It also gives you a chance to speak to current students and will either change your mind or reaffirm what you were already thinking of doing. I would definitely say it's something worthwhile doing if your free and have nothing else on.
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2