Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:12:43 pm

Author Topic: >50% of UK women blame rape victims  (Read 6359 times)  Share 

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: >50% of UK women blame rape victims
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 09:45:57 pm »
oh well yes, of course.

to clarify obviously pursuing a potential partner is acceptable, its just when either gender takes it too far...
2009 ENTER = 99.85
2010 - Science/Law at Monash

redmosez

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 10:31:38 pm »
But in [rare] cases like "Oh she came and grabbed my crotch and started making out with me and then she grabbed my hands and placed them on her chest"

Then in an ideal world, that is rape. Problem is most people wouldn't view a female acting in that was as raping the male (esp if she is attractive)

The thing I think Mao is trying to argue is, very rarely does someone in the "heat of the moment" stop and ask permission.

Sometimes a guy and girl could be making out etc and one of them believes that this means the other wants to go further, while the other doesn't want to.

All those hormones mixed in with alcohol and perhaps drugs and soon things are going too far. And while it's easy to idealise and say that alcohol is not an excuse, sometimes things aren't so simple.

So is it the responsibility of both people to stop in the "heat of the moment" and ask permission? or is it assumed that unless one person clearly says "No stop" that it's ok?
Ever tried. Ever Failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Engineering @UoM

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 01:27:40 am »
So is it the responsibility of both people to stop in the "heat of the moment" and ask permission? or is it assumed that unless one person clearly says "No stop" that it's ok?

What about the times when she screams 'no' but really means 'YES'?  ;)
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 08:25:27 am »
well, yeah... I think I may've missed your point

Basically, guys have the liberty to choose whether or not to have sex as well, not just girls.

Yeah ofcourse we have that liberty and the sad part is that anyone wouldn't believe a guy if they were raped. The other fact is that this only makes 2% of offences (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_gender?wasRedirected=true)

2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

the.watchman

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 08:33:12 am »

Basically, guys have the liberty to choose whether or not to have sex as well, not just girls.

Yeah ofcourse we have that liberty and the sad part is that anyone wouldn't believe a guy if they were raped. The other fact is that this only makes 2% of offences (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_gender?wasRedirected=true)

Probs very true, it'd seem pretty hard to believe
Remember, remember the 5th of November

2010 - MM CAS (47) - Cisco 1+2 (pass :P)
2011 - Eng - Phys - Chem - Spesh - Latin - UMAT
ATAR - 99.00+ plz... :)

Feel free to PM me for anything :D

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 10:07:40 am »

What about the times when she screams 'no' but really means 'YES'?  ;)

lol
2009 ENTER = 99.85
2010 - Science/Law at Monash

Cthulhu

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 12:30:34 pm »

What about the times when she screams 'no' but really means 'YES'?  ;)

I love opposite day.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:35:51 pm by Cthulhu »

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 04:28:50 pm »

Recent studies (no source, CBF, but Google would support me) show that women have as much sexual appetite as men -- and many also face a lack of it, while many middle aged men are not interested.

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 12:12:23 am »

Recent studies (no source, CBF, but Google would support me) show that women have as much sexual appetite as men -- and many also face a lack of it, while many middle aged men are not interested.

Generally, a man's sex drive peaks at around 20 years old, while a woman's peaks when she's about 35.

Here's a pretty graph: http://genius-beauty.blogspot.com/2008/09/why-couples-conflict-about-sex.html
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||