Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 02, 2024, 06:12:26 am

Author Topic: Selective School Entry for Year 11 -Please help?  (Read 589 times)  Share 

Oscarclaw

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Selective School Entry for Year 11 -Please help?
« on: August 04, 2018, 08:37:54 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm in year 10 currently, and I recently applied for a selective school (specifically Sydney Technical High School and Sydney Boys High School) for year 11 entry in 2019. I am awaiting a response from Sydney Boys and my application for Sydney Tech was successful so I've been called for an interview and testing session which comprises of a "Mathematics Promblem-Solving Task" and a "Writing Task". But anyway, my question is:
Does anyone know how long these tests go for? I am practicing selective school examinations from StriveForExcellence.com for year 11 selective school entry but the maths practice tests give you 30 minutes to complete 60 questions and I'm finding it difficult to get over half of those questions done (not because of the level of content because of the time, some questions require substantial amounts of working). Is this normal? Will Sydney Tech be similar to this? I'm freakin' out a bit and I really hope to get into this school!
Thanks so much to anyone who answers. The test is in 2 weeks.
Kind Regards.
(From Sydney)