Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:03:34 pm

Author Topic: So this is gonna be interesting...  (Read 21564 times)

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
Re: So this is gonna be interesting...
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2018, 10:04:50 am »
I watched your live stream while I was doing some studying. Well... listening to it XD My friends and I always send funny memes from your instagram and they're always so relatable. Keep up the good work!

That's actually so cool! Thank you !!  :) :) :)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2018, 12:36:06 am »
+7
So.... biology was just a major shit heap and there's not really any other way to describe it. My prep for the exam was pretty poorly done, I couldn't get anything into my head. I broke down a number of times (I'll leave the legit number as a surprise at the end  :o) and overall there was just so much stress surrounding the test that when I was in there it was like I couldn't be arsed to answer any of the questions properly.

The exam wasn't too hard, I can agree with that. But there were some really heavy mark questions that I don't see myself getting over 1/2 the marks for them. Especially the JUSTIFY QUESTION FROM COMMUNICATIONS GRRR. Communication was just a let down in itself. Some popular topics from the exam (straight from the thoughts on the meme page) were:

1. Drawing of 3 diagrams; normal vision, myopia, myopia corrected (in which the big question was, did you draw your diagram in pen or pencil?!?!?!?) my answer... both :)

2. Justify question for the 8m communication on which it asked why models of human eyes and ears must be altered when referring to different animals.

3. Why the f was question 1 so hard

4. is a unicellular, cell membrane-bound, non-nucleus containing pathogen a Bacteria, fungus, protozoan or Virus? I said bacteria

5. Line graph or bar graph for vaccination effectiveness

and last but certainly not least

6. Mitosis and meiosis... What occurs at the interphase and! what process happens at the first meiosis cell division? I wrote 3 answers and can't remember which one I stuck with.

I'm now onto stressing for genny math (something I never thought I'd do. I did the paper from 2013 and got 83%!!! I usually get the 90s in HSC exams for general. This was going to be my one band 6 subject and in my last study for it I pulled an 83 -.- ... If anyone else did that paper... did you find it challenging?

I also cried then to ahahahahh. So much crying in the last two days... Anyway. I'm off to bed now, no more tears... I'll let you know how Genny treats me tomorrow sometime.

Breakdown Count: 39 😪

HSCya later,
Britt 8)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »
+10
Alrigh-tea

So math.

I CRUSHED IT (in a good way)

I'm actually so happy with the exam, it was so good and I didn't really have trouble with anything!!! (except for the fact that I put down a water tank was 4km tall) but hey they do be like that sometimes. I'm literally so stoked RN !!! hopefully a band 6 in math will help my atar out because I'm probably sitting in the 60s atm :((((

But anyway, I'm gonna take the arvo off and get into studying for PDHPE tomorrow !! :)))

Breakdown Count: 39

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2018, 05:36:54 pm »
+4
Alrigh-tea

So math.

I CRUSHED IT (in a good way)

I'm actually so happy with the exam, it was so good and I didn't really have trouble with anything!!! (except for the fact that I put down a water tank was 4km tall) but hey they do be like that sometimes. I'm literally so stoked RN !!! hopefully a band 6 in math will help my atar out because I'm probably sitting in the 60s atm :((((

But anyway, I'm gonna take the arvo off and get into studying for PDHPE tomorrow !! :)))

HSCya later,
Britt  8)

Awesome Britt! You definitely deserve a break after these back-to-back exams! Glad your maths exam treated you well (also super jealous that General maths didn't have to do an afternoon exam haha).

Good luck for PDHPE!  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2018, 11:47:16 am »
+4
Awesome Britt! You definitely deserve a break after these back-to-back exams! Glad your maths exam treated you well (also super jealous that General maths didn't have to do an afternoon exam haha).

Good luck for PDHPE!  :)

Thank you so much!! I took a break and only did a little bit of study yesterday, I was actually really surprised that the General Math exam was that easy... which is okay but not at the same time (lowkey wanted a challenge).

Thank you for your well wishes and all the best for Food Tech (that's a big break!!)
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2018, 06:15:21 pm »
+6
So I never actually recapped PDHPE because my Instagram was messing up and didn't allow people to type in the question boxes. Needless to say, I was calling and emailing Instagram that whole afternoon because let's face it, I'm an annoying emotional wreck.

The PDHPE exam was actually really good, the questions were very fair but the multiple choice questions were roughhhhhh. I was not a fan. But I got through them quickly and in the end had 2 hours to do my extended responses. I actually really liked the Sports Med and Improving Performance questions except I couldn't quite remember my syllabus so I definitely lost a fair few marks to that. Overall it was a really good exam.

I am currently cramming for business studies. I tried to predict the extended responses but I could only make limited predictions on the business report involving interdependence of operations and finance, operations influences and finance strategies but then again... who knows. I'm just focusing on past papers at the moment and I'm going to look at Isaac's guide to Business reports as well and write my own so I can do it tomorrow.

Wish me luck I guess... (also the daylight savings thing is throwing me off - I keep thinking I have more time than I actually do)

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2018, 10:06:18 pm »
+5
AHHAHAHAHAH Business, am I right? What a joke.

That whole paper I just BS'd as much as I could because I got into the exam room and all I could remember is whatever Andrew demonstrated at his lectures with people (this helped with 3 questions)

Multiple choices was actually challenging for me and I'm expecting 12/20. My short answer answers I think I'll get something like 20 (all marks for attempting each question). The business report was the best part because I actually think I got down some content that was relevant and all of my HR strategies were actually from the correct part of the syllabus (woo hoo!). Then I got to the essay question and I have never winged something so hard in my life (soon to be taken over by SOR). But I literally didn't know ANYTHING about finance so I had to pick the marketing question in which I drew knowledge from all parts of the syllabus to link price to quality. Which is incorrect. That whole essay is 6 pages of my ideas on globalisation gone wrong. It was just terrible, enjoy marking that guys.

Welp that's one more down and leaves us with ONE MORE TO GOOOOOOOO!!!

Cheerin'

Breakdown Count: 42 (Whoops 🤷🏽‍♀️)

HSCya Later,

Britt  8)
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 12:30:56 pm »
+6
Sorry for the late update but YOUR GIRL IS DONE!!

Wooo hooo!!

I finished on SOR I on Tuesday and I was so excited during the exam I just kept thinking about finishing!! I thought the exam was really good, many people had trouble with the multiple choice but I thought it was relatively easy as was Q11. It was a good paper overall.

I went in knowing about everything for Christianity and Islam bar my Christianity significant person. Our school did Dorothy Day ¿ so I didn’t even study her because there’s nothing for her anywhere. So I couldn’t do the Christianity question in the first part so I did Islam for the 15 marker and Christianity for the 20 marker. Islam was perfect. Couldn’t be any better. But the Christianity question was SO broad. I didn’t know what to do with it so I winged it and only wrote two pages. -.- rip 20 marks 😂

So that was SOR!

Now I am enjoying my newfound freedom, I hosted a party for some of my mates on Tuesday so they could burn all their notes (so satisfying) and now I’m all packed and ready to fly off to Bali!!

I’m so relieved it’s all over... it’s been a fun ride writing these journals however infrequent they may have been 😂

I’ll be sure to check in once bands and ATAR’s come out.

Breakdown count: 43 (wowza)

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:43 pm »
+2
Woot woooooot congrats!! I hope you have an amazing time in Bali and enjoy your well-deserved break!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW