Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 01:45:36 pm

Author Topic: Old Marking Rules  (Read 63789 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
Re: Old Marking Rules
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:28 pm »
Hi,
I would love to use your essay marking service but I am worried about someone copying my essay and plagiarizing it...

Will add that in a year and a half of marking there have been no issues with plagiarism that we know of ;D

georgiia

• Trendsetter
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2017, 02:06:12 pm »
Could someone please let me know how many more posts I need to have something marked?

Thank you!!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2017, 02:43:06 pm »
Could someone please let me know how many more posts I need to have something marked?

Thank you!!

You needed 55 so you are there already! The one after that will need 80 posts ;D

georgiia

• Trendsetter
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »
You needed 55 so you are there already! The one after that will need 80 posts ;D

I've posted photos of my short answer onto that thread so If I want a creative I wrote today marked instead, do I take down the short answers?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 01:59:56 am »
I've posted photos of my short answer onto that thread so If I want a creative I wrote today marked instead, do I take down the short answers?

In honesty, you'll be waiting a few days for feedback on the Creative anyway, you'll probably make the six extra posts you need by then :)

georgiia

• Trendsetter
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 11:04:54 am »
In honesty, you'll be waiting a few days for feedback on the Creative anyway, you'll probably make the six extra posts you need by then :)

Very true

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2017, 04:10:20 pm »
Hey, can someone clarify how much I need left?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2017, 12:01:34 am »
Hey, can someone clarify how much I need left?

Hey! You've had feedback before, but it was super brief because we were busy, didn't count it towards your count :)

So, you are still fresh! First response at 25, next at 50, etc :)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2017, 06:57:20 pm »
with my amount of posts will that count towards two essays being marked? i tried so hard to get to 50 by today so i can post my essays tomorrow 😂
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2017, 09:58:16 pm »
with my amount of posts will that count towards two essays being marked? i tried so hard to get to 50 by today so i can post my essays tomorrow 😂

And what an incredible contribution you've made in doing so! Yep, 50 posts is two responses for sure, post away ;D

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2017, 11:49:17 pm »
Hey, just another question - are Extension 2 Majors 25 posts as well?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2017, 11:57:58 pm »
Hey, just another question - are Extension 2 Majors 25 posts as well?

I think Elyse does EX2 majors on a case by case basis, it would be worth shooting her a PM about it! But it would definitely be more than 25 posts, or it might be completely separate from the post requirement altogether. Ultimately it is up to Elyse, marking an EX2 major is a huge undertaking and not something that is included in the regular marking rules :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2017, 08:36:37 pm »
Essay Marking Threads have reopened!

Addtionally: As the forums get busier, there are more and more essays for us to mark, and we love this! However, we want to ensure we can continue providing quality feedback, and prioritising that quality feedback to the most deserving members of our community. For this reason, the post count will be permanently changed to 25 posts per response (and may be subject to further increases closer to the HSC period). Obviously we want to be giving as much help as possible, but we need to make sure we have the balance right ;D

Good luck to all for the rest of your Trials! :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2017, 09:18:09 pm »
As an extra note..

Giving peers feedback on their work is incredibly beneficial for you. You critically view the work of others, and consequently may find an example of writing that is really strong in an area you could improve. Your analytical skills improve, you read new views about similar topics, and consider new ways of approaching structures. And, what a helpful way to get your post count up!

Helping others never ever goes unnoticed, and it warms my stressed little heart to see students helping students :')
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2017, 11:35:50 pm »
HEY ALL!

The HSC is fast approaching, and we know that there will be lots of people wanting feedback on their work. Based on the Trial period and on how busy we were for the HSC last year, we're expecting crazy demand. We're keen to help as much as we can, but as always we need to prioritise our most valuable contributors, and make sure we're still able to answer loads of questions, prepare our HSC revision videos (first ones out very soon get keeeeen), prepare our Head Start lectures, and do all the other awesome stuff we love doing for you guys.

To help us manage this, the post requirement for essay marking will (starting now) be raised to 50 posts through the HSC period.

Keen to help everyone as much as possible over these next few weeks - Not long to go!! ;D