Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 02:42:33 pm

Author Topic: Psychology Unit 3&4 SAC 1  (Read 6105 times)  Share 

drcrowthorne

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
  • School: MHS
Psychology Unit 3&4 SAC 1
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:43:32 pm »
Hey Guys,

So my school is going to have the firs SAC for unit 3 and 4 psych soon, and I'm hoping to get a good mark. So how should I go about getting ready for it? I've already made notes over the holidays on all the material (all of AOS 1) so how do I actually get stuck into sac revision?

Cheers!

Dr. Crowthorne.

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Psychology Unit 3&4 SAC 1
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »
+1
Make sure you fully understand the content, rather than merely rote-learning it, because although you may be asked to spit out definitions, you will also need to be able to apply your knowledge for a lot of the questions.
Once you think you've understood the content well enough, do some practice questions. What I usually did was questions off a study guide (such as Neap, A+ notes,  checkpoints, etc.), but if you don't have any of these, then a more viable (and valuable) option would be to go to the VCAA past exams section for psych from 2002-10 and print off the relevant questions, as these are already divided into AOS, so it saves the trouble for you. I can't remember if some of the topics weren't tested back then, so maybe someone else who remembers can help you out here.

Good luck and if you need any help feel free to PM me :)
2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:30 pm »
+1
I also reckon that you should listen to your teacher really closely in the upcoming days to the SAC, because the teacher may involuntarily hints things about the SAC or let things slip that'll give you an edge over other people in the class. Also, ask your teacher stuff about the SAC and get as specific or explicit as you want; push those boundaries (albeit not too much, you don't want to get on the bad side  :P ) because it's the teacher's job not to release advantageous info - it's not your job to control what to ask about the SAC. For example, you might ask your teacher "what'll the extended response be centred around?" (assuming that you have an extended response component in the SAC). Also, know the format of the SAC really well (the teacher should tell you this of his/her own accord I think) - like does it have multi-choice or what..

Good luck  :D
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:09:40 pm »
Yes! Definitely pay attention to the little things your teacher says! This really helped me in the weeks coming up to the SACs, because he'd inadvertently imply little things to look out for here and there, and it was usually the people that picked this up who ended up getting the better scores! :)
2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:10:18 am »
does anyone have any resources or anything from last year they can post up or email/pm me? it would help so much ! any practie sacs, question sheets, that sort of thing,
cheeeeeeers