Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 03:14:34 am

Author Topic: Prelim Economics in HSC Exam  (Read 1325 times)  Share 

frog1944

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Prelim Economics in HSC Exam
« on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:33 am »
Hi,

I was curious if they are allowed to ask preliminary economic's in the HSC exam? I'm aware that an understanding of those topics can act as a foundation for the HSC, but are they allowed to specifically test those components?

Thanks

pianodish

• Adventurer
Re: Prelim Economics in HSC Exam
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 12:04:57 pm »
+1
Hi,

I was curious if they are allowed to ask preliminary economic's in the HSC exam? I'm aware that an understanding of those topics can act as a foundation for the HSC, but are they allowed to specifically test those components?

Thanks

Hello :)

For all HSC subjects the exam can only specifically test what's in the Year 12 syllabus.

They can't directly test the Year 11 syllabus, so as you said, it can only act as a foundation for Year 12. Knowledge/skills from Year 11 may help you answer a question, but the question will only directly test the areas specified in the Year 12 syllabus, so if you're on top of that, you should be good! :)

E.g. I think contraction/expansions in demand & supply are taught in Year 11, and not in Year 12, but then the areas taught in Year 12 are a step above that, so while you should know about contractions/expansions & they may help you, the question will be based on something in the Year 12 syllabus e.g. subsidies affecting supply/demand rather than just price or consumer tastes affecting demand/supply! :)

frog1944

• Trendsetter
Re: Prelim Economics in HSC Exam
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 01:38:14 pm »
Awesome! Thank you very much :)