Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 01:27:00 pm

Author Topic: atar estimateeee  (Read 1296 times)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
atar estimateeee
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:19:24 pm »
I've done plenty of atar calculators but I don't know whether to trust them or noooot!!

Pretty sure marks don't really count but thought I'd add them anyways to see roughly where I'm at

Also I've already done these three subjects as I do HSC compacted and these were my results:
Adv English: 81
General Maths 2: 81
Society and culture: 86

My internal results, cohort numbers are approximate:
Pdhpe: 94% rank - 1/35 (1 band 6 last year)
Legal: 91% rank - 1/28 (1 band 6 last year
Ext 1 English: 85% rank - 2 or 3/3 (0 E4s last year)
Ext 2 English: 83% rank - 2 or 3/3 (0 E4s last year)

My school also ranks pretty poorly in the late 300s
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: atar estimateeee
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:37:01 pm »
+2
I've done plenty of atar calculators but I don't know whether to trust them or noooot!!

Pretty sure marks don't really count but thought I'd add them anyways to see roughly where I'm at

Also I've already done these three subjects as I do HSC compacted and these were my results:
Adv English: 81
General Maths 2: 81
Society and culture: 86

My internal results, cohort numbers are approximate:
Pdhpe: 94% rank - 1/35 (1 band 6 last year)
Legal: 91% rank - 1/28 (1 band 6 last year
Ext 1 English: 85% rank - 2 or 3/3 (0 E4s last year)
Ext 2 English: 83% rank - 2 or 3/3 (0 E4s last year)

My school also ranks pretty poorly in the late 300s

Hey! ATAR Calculators are reasonably accurate, more often than they are completely wrong at least. It seems like your results this year are shaping up to be stronger than last years so hopefully they will drive you higher! Assuming you can get a low to mid Band 6 in both Legal and PE, and then one more E4 in either Extension 1 or Extension 2 English (definitely achievable!), that will be enough to make General 2 not count (your lowest contributor) and hopefully let you crack the 90's! But you'll need strong results in the Extensions to drive that ;D

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »
Hey! ATAR Calculators are reasonably accurate, more often than they are completely wrong at least. It seems like your results this year are shaping up to be stronger than last years so hopefully they will drive you higher! Assuming you can get a low to mid Band 6 in both Legal and PE, and then one more E4 in either Extension 1 or Extension 2 English (definitely achievable!), that will be enough to make General 2 not count (your lowest contributor) and hopefully let you crack the 90's! But you'll need strong results in the Extensions to drive that ;D

Most atar calculators are giving me 90s with E3s in ext 1 and 2, would this be anywhere near correct?

But thank you! I'd love to get an E4 in ext2 but my Project was extremely unique so just gotta see if the markers like it!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »
Most atar calculators are giving me 90s with E3s in ext 1 and 2, would this be anywhere near correct?

But thank you! I'd love to get an E4 in ext2 but my Project was extremely unique so just gotta see if the markers like it!

If they are both high E3's, then definitely! You are right on the edge there so it is hard to say :)