Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 09:24:28 am

Author Topic: Definitions  (Read 1752 times)  Share 

walkec

Definitions
« on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:10 pm »
Just out of interest, how many HHD people were told to learn the definitions word for word from the study design? Because I was and I haven't heard of many other schools around my area who do learn them word for word.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Re: Definitions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »
Just out of interest, how many HHD people were told to learn the definitions word for word from the study design? Because I was and I haven't heard of many other schools around my area who do learn them word for word.

I was told to be as accurate as possible, but a few missing words from the actual definition doesn't really matter to much, as long as you get the general idea of it.

This may be different for others but this is what I was taught. Just try and be as close as possible to the actual definition :)
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Jordzs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:30 pm »

My teacher is an examiner and she said you need to know the definition word by word. She told us the definition used in HHD is 1 mark where as your definition may get you 1/2 a mark

Dejan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • straya m8
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:46:24 pm »
It's abit ridiculous to know the defintion for word for word along as you get the idea of it then that should be enough