Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:17:00 am

Author Topic: VCE Methods 3/4 tutoring - raw 50  (Read 499 times)  Share 

starre

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
VCE Methods 3/4 tutoring - raw 50
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:25:40 am »
+1
Hi guys, my name is Ben and I'll be offering tutoring for 3/4 Methods for 2020! I graduated from Melbourne High School in 2018 with an ATAR of 99.55 and a score of raw 50 in Methods, and am currently going into my 2nd year of studying Medicine at Monash. I also have a year's worth of tutoring experience, having tutored several students over the course of 2019. I’ll mainly be focused on teaching you how to approach exam-style questions, however, my lessons are quite flexible so I’m more than happy to approach lessons in any way you want, whether that be teaching content ahead of schedule, consolidating concepts and theory learnt in class, or going through exam-style questions! 

My rates will be $35 for individual tutoring and $25 for groups of 2, for an hour. I'm also happy to offer a free trial lesson before we begin!

I will be offering tutoring at Monash University Clayton. I may be also be able to travel to the SE suburbs (Springvale/Noble Park area) depending on timing. Currently the time slots I have free are:

Tuesday ~4:30pm-5:30pm
Wednesday ~6pm-7pm
Thursday ~5pm-6pm
Saturday mornings and afternoons

(I am a bit flexible with timing however so feel free to discuss)

Feel free to send me a message on here or add me on Facebook! :) http://www.facebook.com/bennguyen2001

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: VCE Methods 3/4 tutoring - raw 50
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 04:16:31 pm »
I've often said on both forums and IRL that a high score does not mean someone would be a good teacher. It is one thing to be able to demonstrate knowledge on exams and another to deliver this knowledge to a person who is in the process of learning.

That said, I can confidently say that with Ben you will be getting the best of both worlds. He is a very talented individual who you can be confident in to improve your score wherever you currently stand. He's definitely helped me a lot this year at university!
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash