Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 03:56:03 pm

Author Topic: Monash Clayton - Transport  (Read 856 times)  Share 

User54679

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Monash Clayton - Transport
« on: December 17, 2021, 05:54:20 pm »
Hello! I am hoping to study at Monash next year but don't have a car and was wondering how difficult it is to get around Clayton without one. I will also be working throughout the year so I was wondering if I would face difficulties getting to and from work by relying on public transport alone. I am from regional Victoria and have never been to Clayton so any advice would be much appreciated!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Monash Clayton - Transport
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 07:20:47 pm »
+2
Are you hoping to move closer to Clayton campus, or stay in regional Victoria and only come in when you have compulsory face-to-face classes e.g. a practical? If you’re doing the former, I’d say it’s not bad, with the occasional hit and miss (typically works or something happening on the line). If you’re doing the latter, you might find that quite rough.

I’d suggest having a read of the Public Transport (Clayton campus) section of the Monash Uni New Student thread by VanillaRice to get an idea of what it’d be like for metro Melbourne students.

Note: I did all my tertiary education pre-COVID. Now with online learning being a bigger thing, you might be able to find some flexibility and only come in occasionally for a compulsory onsite class, but this largely depends on what course you’re taking. For example, nursing and medicine students might find themselves making the trip down often vs. a humanities/ arts student.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread