Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:25:39 pm

Author Topic: Unit 3 scores - How did everyone go in Unit 3?  (Read 11899 times)  Share 

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Unit 3 scores - How did everyone go in Unit 3?
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:04:27 am »
How has everyone been going thus far?

What scores has everyone been getting?
How did everyone find Unit 3? I hear Unit 4 will be easier  ;D

AOS 1: 22/25
AOS 2: 47/50
AOS 3: 23/25

I really need to get 42 plus for legal! Does anyone know if i'm on track?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:40:20 am by connej »
2013-2015: BA @ Unimelb (Media & Communications/Criminology)

2016-2018: Master of Journalism @ Unimelb

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Unit 3 scores - How did everyone go in Unit 3?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 08:22:48 pm »
So far, I've gotten:

AOS 1: 25/25
AOS 2 part 1: 29/30
AOS 2 part 2: 20/20

Haven't received AOS 3 marks back yet, but I'm really hoping I only lost one mark at the most :/ No idea what my ranking is, so just hoping to minimize marks lost as much as possible.

I really liked AOS 1! Best intro to the unit. :) Found AOS 2 & 3 a lot less interesting (probably because I basically just did a bunch of ROTE-learning and regurgitated it where necessary). Which was your favourite?

To be honest, Unit 4 is scaring me XD Don't want to screw up on SACs now, haha. I haven't looked at Unit 4 or done anything much for Legal lately, though...having no motivation sucks.

As long as you maintain your SAC ranking and do well in the exam, then you definitely have a chance at 42+!

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:03 pm »
wow your doing so well!! Are there any other at your school doing that well?
I stuffed up a question in aos1 where we had to evaluate parliament as law maker, I didnt really know how to evaluate properly but most people dropped marks there, i also lost all my marks from the aos 3 sac on an evaluate question, i really have to master that before the exam! I think im going to start to look at unti 4 tonight! I have done a review of unti 3 so i think i should move ahead :S
I also liked aos 1 best :)

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 08:57:56 pm »
Thanks - you too! I haven't asked anyone for their SAC marks as I don't feel like it's any of my business, but our school generally has a strong cohort, going off past years :)

Yeah, we had that parliament question on our SAC too. Most important thing with evaluating is to match strengths with weaknesses, or the other way around if it says to evaluate the weaknesses of something. Examples for strengths or weaknesses (or even both) are good too.

I lost a mark on the referral of powers :( Definitely learnt my lesson that day, though - don't give up cramming right before a SAC :P I literally got to that page and convinced myself that we didn't need to remember the names of the Acts that the states passed to refer their powers to the Commonwealth, and then I saw "Provide an example" on the SAC and I was like :'( Lol, at least I won't be making that mistake again!

Oh, well, if you're going to do some study...I guess I'd better do some too! :P

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 09:05:31 pm »
I was pretty sure i did the evaluating question properly, I'll have to have a look at where i went wrong! :(

I think i got a question just like that about the referral of powers! I know i get like that aswell, i dont really 'cram' right before a SAC becuase i feel that i already know enough

I'm starting to look at unti 4 right now! Do you use any books like checkpoints to help revise?

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:25:37 pm »
If you got the structure and stuff down, then just make sure you've expanded enough on your points. :) If your school gives you summarised notes of everything, try and base your answers off that. If not, then try giving your teacher practice questions to correct.

Haha yeah, the good thing about Legal is that the scope of questions is pretty limited, and somewhat predictable. =D Oh, you're lucky then! I find I get too complacent and tend to just browse the internet, unless I have SACs coming up.

Awesome! Let me know if there's anything tricky that I should watch out for =]

I have the A+ Legal questions and A+ notes (not sure what the proper name for either of them is) and something else, I think, but I haven't actually looked at them yet. :/

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
We certainly dont get a detailed response but i always go over my result with my teacher to try and get the marks back that i lost

I have a+ notes aswell, it's so good! I think i'm going to be using it more than my text book (which i ont really like) from now on!

Unit 4 actually seems harder because there is a bit more to remember such the jurisdictions of all the courts and VCAT! I think im going to go through everything now to get a head start

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »
Yeah, it can be hard for teachers as well, with so much work being submitted. =P

I should start using it more then xD Haven't even opened my textbook in weeks...I don't really like it that much either. Which one do you have? We've got the Justice & Outcomes one, and it's massive.

How many courts is that, roughly? I hope it's not too many. :o And okay, good luck! :) I still haven't started studying, oops...lol I think I'm just gonna give up for today, stop feeling guilty about it, and put in some extra effort tomorrow.

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 09:48:58 pm »
Yeah we have the same text book! i like the small green summaries on the side of each page, i find myself just writting those bits out over and over again.

I think its only the Magistrates, County and Supreme court. Thats actually not too bad!

I've got to start worker harder so i can get marks as high as yours  :D

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »
I think its only the Magistrates, County and Supreme court. Thats actually not too bad!

In addition to that, you have also got to learn the jurisdiction of VCAT and the High Court of Australia. I would just keep in mind that being the highest ranked person in SACs doesn't necessarily equate to achieving the highest study score. Someone ranked below you in SACs can still end up with a higher score than you and vice versa. And yeh, don't slack off now. If anything, continually revise material each week; be it from Unit 3 or the material covered in class during that week - because this will ultimately save you time when it comes to revising for the exam.

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 10:08:58 pm »
I don't think I've really looked at those summaries...I only check the textbook for case studies. When I looked at it in the summer, there seemed to be quite a bit of stuff that wasn't really relevant to the course.

5 courts is alright, I guess. I just hope their jurisdictions aren't huge.

Just do your best :) And then you'll be faced with the problem of trying to maintain it and doing well on the exam...=P

Would you happen to have Skype or MSN? We can spam each other with Legal stuff and help each other to study. =] (Not today, though - I'm busy procrastinating!)

I would just keep in mind that being the highest ranked person in SACs doesn't necessarily equate to achieving the highest study score.

Yeah, that's true. I think it's why our teachers don't like telling us what rank we are.

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 10:29:33 pm »
The jurisdictions of the courts is the easy part, the alternative dispute resolution methods are a bit more difficult to me

yes i did realise that just beucase someone is ranked number one in SAC's doesn't mean they will achieve the highest study score, this is good for me becuase i am number 3 at the moment i think!

yeah msn, pm me you email and i'll add you

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 10:59:12 pm »
Don't worry about it too much - you'll be going over it in class anyway. :)

Okay, I'll PM you in a sec.

ThyJovan

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Ain't no fortunate son.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 02:49:49 am »
AOS 1: 24/25
AOS 2: 50/50

Now we await the AOS 3 results, loved the subject since I started Unit 1. Fingers crossed for a 45+.

A+ Legal Notes is so much better than my A+ Business one, it's practically my bible for the subject.
2012: English [37] | Literature [34] | History: Revolutions [43] | Legal Studies [37] | Business Management [36] | Media [41]

ATAR: 91.05

2013-2017: Law/Arts at LaTrobe University - Bundoora

connej

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:52 am »
Well done! your doing really well

I know i have a+ notes for business also and i agree its so much worse, the legal one is perfect!!
It will be my bible for unit 4 :D