Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:41:37 pm

Author Topic: HOW DO I WRITE A PD APPLICATION FOR MHS, WITH A BAD SCHOOL REPORT  (Read 1301 times)  Share 

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
HOW DO I WRITE A PD APPLICATION FOR MHS, WITH A BAD SCHOOL REPORT

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
Re: HOW DO I WRITE A PD APPLICATION FOR MHS, WITH A BAD SCHOOL REPORT
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 07:00:03 pm »
HOW DO I WRITE A PD APPLICATION FOR MHS, WITH A BAD SCHOOL REPORT

why do you want us to tell you what to write. just chuck all of your achievements in and write why you want to go to this school. not tryna be a dog but think of it yourself we arent here to explain to you what extra curricular you have or your passions. this is all you from here.

mhs does favour people who do cadets.. just a tip..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:01:54 pm by Hi im jeff »

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:07:33 pm »
Not that I actually know how to write for a PD but I've done something similar before,  but definitely your priority should be your application letter, I've heard that sometimes you should make it emotional (not too much) and something which means a lot to you, maybe use the school motto to really impress. Make sure you list all you co-curricular achievements, with levels of competition, results and etc. That is the key decider. They want people who will benefit the school in a way other than academics. Back up all your achievements with certificates but not the original documents, that's what helped me when I did something similar. Good luck! Believe in yourself and I know you can make it!
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 08:53:26 am »
Not that I actually know how to write for a PD but I've done something similar before,  but definitely your priority should be your application letter, I've heard that sometimes you should make it emotional (not too much) and something which means a lot to you, maybe use the school motto to really impress. Make sure you list all you co-curricular achievements, with levels of competition, results and etc. That is the key decider. They want people who will benefit the school in a way other than academics. Back up all your achievements with certificates but not the original documents, that's what helped me when I did something similar. Good luck! Believe in yourself and I know you can make it!

I got a offer to SCHS and got a PD for Nossal,
I’m so confused on how this whole principles discretion thing... can someone please explain me on how it works exactly... and also any tips for the application and maybe even the interview...
Thanks a lot,
Weirdobtsarmy <3

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 12:07:13 pm »
I got a offer to SCHS and got a PD for Nossal,
I’m so confused on how this whole principles discretion thing... can someone please explain me on how it works exactly... and also any tips for the application and maybe even the interview...
Thanks a lot,
Weirdobtsarmy <3
Hi there!
I’ve never really done a PD before, but I know people who have so I’m just going to briefly go over it for you;
a PD requires you to submit an application to the school board, you will then sit an interview with the principal of the school and they will discuss sort of why you would benefit the school and why they should chose you to study at the school. I think about 5% of applicants will be successful for a spot through PD (not sure though)

I would suggest outlining more of your co-curricular interests and achievements, this will sort of be the deal breaker rather than having a bunch of academic achievements (please also have academic achievements though) as they already have so many who are academically gifted. The application should be your essential, also include their school motto and school values, I think it does help.

For the interview, please don’t say “ i don’t know” to any of the questions, sustain good eye contact and hand gestures. Make sure your application is something meaningful to you, this will sort of be the base to the questions they are going to ask you.
I hoped this helped,
cheers!

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 02:12:23 pm »
Hi there!
I’ve never really done a PD before, but I know people who have so I’m just going to briefly go over it for you;
a PD requires you to submit an application to the school board, you will then sit an interview with the principal of the school and they will discuss sort of why you would benefit the school and why they should chose you to study at the school. I think about 5% of applicants will be successful for a spot through PD (not sure though)

I would suggest outlining more of your co-curricular interests and achievements, this will sort of be the deal breaker rather than having a bunch of academic achievements (please also have academic achievements though) as they already have so many who are academically gifted. The application should be your essential, also include their school motto and school values, I think it does help.

For the interview, please don’t say “ i don’t know” to any of the questions, sustain good eye contact and hand gestures. Make sure your application is something meaningful to you, this will sort of be the base to the questions they are going to ask you.
I hoped this helped,
cheers!

thank you so much for your help, it’s very helpful and I really do appreciate it
:)))

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 03:39:50 pm »
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if any of you know if you are able to get a second round offer while also having a PD, like for MGHS, for example, if you are applying for a PD currently (I am) is it possible to also get a second round offer? Or are second round offers for other people all together?

Thanks  :)

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 03:53:38 pm »
Also, is there any way to tell if you’re higher up, or like really close to getting a second round offer? Like the time you got the PD email or anything like that?