Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 02:30:45 am

Author Topic: Commerce @ ANU  (Read 1888 times)  Share 

ankaran

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Commerce @ ANU
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:09:30 am »
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Commerce down at the Australian National University.
Thinking of maybe putting it say 3rd preference, with Melbourne and Monash occupying the first few, just incase I don't get the ENTER that they require to get in.

Moving to Canberra is not that much of a hassle, and I'm willing on doing that if ultimately ANU is a better place to study. But not sure where to look for info regarding Commerce specifically and how it compares to other universities.

Thanks in advance.

hard

Re: Commerce @ ANU
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:20:14 am »
VTAC operates separately to UAC

AppleThief

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:30:26 am »
VTAC operates separately to UAC
Yep, each state has their own tertiary admissions site. And because of this, you can put down a first preference at ANU, and one at Unimelb.

e.g. I got accepted into my first preference for UAC, and my first for VTAC, and then I just had to decide which to accept.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:00:55 am »
The Commerce degree would be the same at ANU as anywhere else (as in the same kinds of subjects, etc.). The only difference is entrance requirements. Also, at ANU, you can opt to do, for instance, Macroeconomics 1 (Honours) (as opposed to regular Macro 1), which can be good for your transcript and if you really like economics then it goes more in depth (and more mathsy). I have a friend who did this last year and is now doing Micro 2 (Honours). I can ask him more if you like. I'm not sure if those options are available for other Commerce subjects though.

ankaran

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:06 pm »
Cool, thanks.

Going to invest some time looking into it.