Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 07, 2024, 09:59:05 pm

Author Topic: 4 Unit Cambridge Textbook Question  (Read 6339 times)  Share 

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: 4 Unit Cambridge Textbook Question
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 12:48:25 pm »
+1
I know this is unrelated to the thread...  I always hear from other students that harder 3U is the most difficult topic out of all of them....  I am itching to do those questions early (I have done 4U induction at school and I will be doing harder circle geo on the first day back)..  I am curious with the harder combinatrics and wanted to attempt them (my perms and coms are not too strong and I haven't covered binomial probability in detail...)  what do I need to know to attempt those?
In the future, if you don't wish to post in the general questions thread please start your own thread

4U combinatorics basically starts throwing twists into ordinary 3U problems. You can use my lecture handout from last year's trial survival as a starting point. Not all textbooks will 4U combinatorics because it's not explicitly stated in the syllabus, despite the fact it has been examined a lot.

Binomial probability doesn't come up much, but it shouldn't be hard to self-learn as it's just one single thing. You may choose to use this as a guide.