Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 09:44:48 am

Author Topic: Should I change my ref material?  (Read 4471 times)  Share 

dxb

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Should I change my ref material?
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:51:24 am »
I've got a book on futher, its called "futher notes 2006-09" (By A+ Publishing)

Throughout the year I've been using the Heniman Book, which I always thought I would take in to the exam, but now, reading through the other book, I'm seriously considering using it instead. It's got way more notes and graphx calc dumps and all the jaz.

Should I change?  :(
stimate...
2005: VET Electrotech, Year 1
2007: English (30), Futher (30), Accounting (30), Software Devlopment (40), Systems Engineering (43)
Enter Aim: 70+

Odette

Re: Should I change my ref material?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 10:54:14 am »
Quote from: "dxb"
I've got a book on futher, its called "futher notes 2006-09" (By A+ Publishing)

Throughout the year I've been using the Heniman Book, which I always thought I would take in to the exam, but now, reading through the other book, I'm seriously considering using it instead. It's got way more notes and graphx calc dumps and all the jaz.

Should I change?  :(

Oh do you have the heinmann textbook?

I'm taking in the a+ publishing one...

Maybe do one trial with the heinmann and one with the a+ publishing??

dxb

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07:52 am »
hummm yeh I might try that.
stimate...
2007: English (30), Futher (30), Accounting (30), Software Devlopment (40), Systems Engineering (43)

Odette

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:13:06 am »
Or you could copy the notes that the a+ publishing one has into the heinmann one or vica versa?

dxb

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:51:47 pm »
Question, On page 6, top right hand side of that book where theres 3 screen dumps. On the first one, how did they get the "Y1" into there?

Dont know if you can help, but its worth a shot :P
stimate...

Odette

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:33:35 pm »
Quote from: "dxb"
Question, On page 6, top right hand side of that book where theres 3 screen dumps. On the first one, how did they get the "Y1" into there?

Dont know if you can help, but its worth a shot :P

Lol I'm not too sure actually ... sorry

I think you go VARS,Y-VARS, Function, Y1...
Not sure

dxb

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 02:27:01 pm »
swiot, yeh thats it!
stimate...

cara.mel

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 02:36:08 pm »
Couldn't you stick the two books together?

I know we're allowed to put 2 notebooks together. When someone then turned around and asked my teacher if that meant we could stick our textbook and our notebook together, you could see he was really unhappy with the idea but never gave a definitive no.
Maybe on monday you could ask if that's a viable option (I actually don't know if it's allowed or not)

Timtasticle

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 07:33:41 pm »
I think they amended the rules to specifically say your bound reference must have only one spine; so if you're going to stick two books together, you wanna do a good job of joining the spines of them. Siamese twin style.

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 08:05:05 pm »
i think its gay how you have to find out ON EXAM DAY whether u can use it or not

there should be a system where once u finish get it cleared by maths co coordinator for 100% use in the exam.. altho that opens up the possibility of people geting it cleared then tampering with it..

hmm

cara.mel

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 08:10:58 pm »
Quote from: "maxleng"
i think its gay how you have to find out ON EXAM DAY whether u can use it or not

there should be a system where once u finish get it cleared by maths co coordinator for 100% use in the exam.. altho that opens up the possibility of people geting it cleared then tampering with it..

hmm

Doesn't a maths teacher check your books? I remember last year that's what happened with mine, I had to show the head of maths my book on the day beforehand and he ticked it off on his sheet as being all good. If so you could find them beforehand and ask whether it would be alright. If not, take a photo or something and I could ask my one xD

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 08:15:54 pm »
Quote from: "cara.mel"
Quote from: "maxleng"

hmm

Doesn't a maths teacher check your books? I remember last year that's what happened with mine, I had to show the head of maths my book on the day beforehand and he ticked it off on his sheet as being all good. If so you could find them beforehand and ask whether it would be alright. If not, take a photo or something and I could ask my one xD

oh really, thats pretty good of your teacher..

nah my further one is just an excercise book so its all good, but still i know other people who are glueing books etc

hifer

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 08:38:59 pm »
haha.. u can't stick 2 books together unless u rebound them with 1 spine... i called up the VCAA lady in-charge of reference materials... i wanted to glue my own written reference to the textbook >< haha it's so stupid that they don't allow it, i don't see what difference it makes

cara.mel

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 08:42:38 pm »
People at my school are definitely allowed to stick two notebooks together as long as they use a hell of a lot of that thick sticky tape stuff.

I agree, If you can take in one book, you might as well take in 50, I don't get it. At least this year they are a lot less tight and you can stick things into to it etc

dxb

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 08:44:20 pm »
Quote from: "hifer"
haha.. u can't stick 2 books together unless u rebound them with 1 spine... i called up the VCAA lady in-charge of reference materials... i wanted to glue my own written reference to the textbook >< haha it's so stupid that they don't allow it, i don't see what difference it makes

you are aloud to glue pages into your ref book tho, which has only come in this year...
stimate...