Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:15:58 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 383169 times)  Share 

reems73

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1575 on: September 02, 2019, 05:21:02 pm »
WHOOP I GOT IN!!!!
Looking forward to meeting those of you who got in  ;D ;D

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1576 on: September 02, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »
Hey can someone help me with the methods test? How many questions and what is the time limit?? Tbh, I don't think that knowledge will be a problem I just wanna know the speed at which we need to be working. Thank you all :) :) :)

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #1577 on: September 02, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
"Dear Parent
I write to advise that as a result of the assessment process held recently for entry to Year 10 at John Monash Science School in 2020; first round offers have now been made. I am unable to offer him a place at this time. Whilst we have had a very large number of students apply for entry, there were only a limited number of places on offer.
We have advised students who have been offered a place to accept this offer by 9th September 2019. Should any of these places not be taken up, we will make further offers to other students until all available places have been filled."

Seems I have failed
OK I have Failed Suzanne Cory, since there is only 20 places and like 400 people going
Now I failed JMSS. You guys got in. Now what?
Somebody is right. the interview is intense competition, even I thought I'm well prepared but still didn't make it... I thought I'm not limited by the 3% rule while a lot of you still got in even from a very competitive school... But why? oh geez... isn't 200 out of 400 a big chance? I blame it to the fact that my school reports sucks and btw I don't have achievements avalible.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:41:44 pm by SynX »
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1578 on: September 02, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »
This is my 100th reply!congrats to everyone who got in. I might join you next year.
damnit. how hard is it to get in? what did you guys had?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:55:06 pm by SynX »

psid16

• Adventurer
« Reply #1579 on: September 02, 2019, 06:28:43 pm »
anyone know how many people get 2nd round offers?

Rohan1176

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1580 on: September 02, 2019, 06:36:41 pm »
I got in as well. I'm really excited to meet you guys and attend JMSS (if not a bit nervous). Congrats to everyone else who got in, Yr10 entry or Yr11 entry.

Cylo

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1581 on: September 02, 2019, 06:57:08 pm »
"Dear Parent
I write to advise that as a result of the assessment process held recently for entry to Year 10 at John Monash Science School in 2020; first round offers have now been made. I am unable to offer him a place at this time. Whilst we have had a very large number of students apply for entry, there were only a limited number of places on offer.
We have advised students who have been offered a place to accept this offer by 9th September 2019. Should any of these places not be taken up, we will make further offers to other students until all available places have been filled."

Seems I have failed
OK I have Failed Suzanne Cory, since there is only 20 places and like 400 people going
Somebody is right. the interview is intense competition, even I thought I'm well prepared but still didn't make it... I thought I'm not limited by the 3% rule while a lot of you still got in even from a very competitive school... But why? oh geez... isn't 200 out of 400 a big chance? I blame it to the fact that my school reports sucks and btw I don't have achievements avalible.
I got the same email :I
now Im depressed I got rejected by mhs this year too :((((
I had like no evidence of me participating in any science extracurriculars
now i dont know what school to since I dont like my current school :'(

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1582 on: September 02, 2019, 07:10:45 pm »
"Dear Parent

Seems I have failed
Guys,my deepest regret to both of you (and everyone who got rejected). I know I am gonna sound stupid, but remember that it is not the school which defines the ATAR. It might now feel like everything is lost, but please do not forget that it is not the end of the world. Try again and again, try your hardest. Honestly, the very fact that you had the guts to do the exam was itself an indication that you will fly high in the future. Please don't beat yourselves up like I did for the year 8 selective entry exam.

Soz I don't know what else to say. I am really a terrible person when it comes to cheering,really soz.

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1583 on: September 02, 2019, 07:22:25 pm »
+1
Guys,my deepest regret to both of you (and everyone who got rejected). I know I am gonna sound stupid, but remember that it is not the school which defines the ATAR. It might now feel like everything is lost, but please do not forget that it is not the end of the world. Try again and again, try your hardest. Honestly, the very fact that you had the guts to do the exam was itself an indication that you will fly high in the future. Please don't beat yourselves up like I did for the year 8 selective entry exam.

Soz I don't know what else to say. I am really a terrible person when it comes to cheering,really soz.
Guys I'm not feeling the world is ending like you said. But I'm just temporarily away from a school or envirollment I'm interested in. And I think that means a chance for second round offer. because on my Suzanne Cory rejection email it showed up "Recently,he sat the exam for entrance to Year 10 at Suzanne Cory High School for 2020.  Following the interview stage, the selection panel has decided they will not be offered a place."
Which is different from "We have advised students who have been offered a place to accept this offer by 9th September 2019. Should any of these places not be taken up, we will make further offers to other students until all available places have been filled."
Still pretty disappointed. imagine seeing others got offers on ATAR notes, with a full excitements you opened up your email, saw the latter that says I DON'T have a place, like a cold particle beam that strikes through your body. I hope it's made of protons so I can still stay positive.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:28:09 pm by SynX »

Cylo

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1584 on: September 02, 2019, 07:28:00 pm »
+1

Thanks man, congrats to you on getting in
My realy problem rn is idk what school to go to cuz my i strongly dislike my school, only got mainstream science and bio next year, like what
tried to look for local schools around me but no good result. might have to turn to homeschool.
like if i failed this how am i gonna get into overseas unis :0
Im just disappointed that I will be missing out on what jmss has to offer
better just hope for the second round offers then, its all about luck now

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1585 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:58 pm »
Thanks man, congrats to you on getting in
My realy problem rn is idk what school to go to cuz my i strongly dislike my school, only got mainstream science and bio next year, like what
tried to look for local schools around me but no good result. might have to turn to homeschool.
like if i failed this how am i gonna get into overseas unis :0
Im just disappointed that I will be missing out on what jmss has to offer
better just hope for the second round offers then, its all about luck now
Agreed.

psid16

• Adventurer
« Reply #1586 on: September 02, 2019, 08:08:23 pm »
I feel i did very well on both the test and my skype interview(Aus citizen who moved to india) and i think its my lack of achievements that has cost me. Never know though.

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1587 on: September 02, 2019, 08:24:41 pm »
I feel i did very well on both the test and my skype interview(Aus citizen who moved to india) and i think its my lack of achievements that has cost me. Never know though.
Feeling the same. the thing sucks that they never tell!

Ehyiel

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1588 on: September 02, 2019, 09:32:25 pm »
I didnt make it in ;-;
Low key hoping that someone from my school will decline their offer, but even then it probably wont go to me ,,,,,,,,,,

Aaaaa I’m such a mean person

Congrats to everyone who made it though !!

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1589 on: September 02, 2019, 11:21:48 pm »
Like user ^^^111^^^ has said can a current student, please, explain to the form wht the questions are like and the time limit if you want to get Maths Methods In John Monash ALSO could you please say what subjects are good.