Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 02:02:04 am

Author Topic: Legal practice exams?  (Read 1865 times)  Share 

FromOutside50

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Legal practice exams?
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:58:10 pm »
Unlike other subjects, legal studies is a subject where our school doesn't have any practice exams to offer! All I have access to are the VCAA ones, nothing else. Is anyone able to post any up? I would be greatly appreciative  :)

xox.happy1.xox

Re: Legal practice exams?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:37:14 pm »
I remember doing them, but don't know where they all went! :( The VCAA ones should be plenty though, you only really need to do 2 or 3 (not 13 like me), because then they get repetitive and you think, I could be doing something better with my time. :)

costargh

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:31:31 pm »
Hey,

Here is a free legal studies exam which you can download!

http://vcenotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,5474.0.html

Enjoy and goodluck!

P.S: Happy, have you done mine and Fyrefly's exam :smitten: ???

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:39:09 pm »
P.S: Happy, have you done mine and Fyrefly's exam :smitten: ???

Hehe... Sure have! I got my teacher to correct it... And got 59/60! That was my favourite exam by far! Thanks guys! :D

costargh

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 10:43:31 pm »
LOL!!! WTF WE MADE IT TOO EASY HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!
:(

where did you lose a mark?

what did ur teacher think of the exam? what did she think of the difficulty?

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:43:20 pm »
I lost a mark on the last question. I don't think I was supposed to, my teacher just didn't want to give me full marks. :(

He loved the exam as well. He was going through it and pinpointing everything we have done this year and was getting all up himself when he saw a question and said 'I taught that'. Lol. :P

I think the exam was relatively easy though, the Insight one was difficult! :( But it was still a good exam, much like the end of year ones which VCAA produce.

costargh

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 08:44:25 pm »
Which part did u do for the last question?

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 08:58:28 pm »
For the last question, I done part b, which was relating the adversary system to the inquisitorial system, and if we should adopt that approach. I basically spoke about the pact that in the adversary system the judge is impartial, and this limits the expertise and knowledge allowed to be expressed by the judge, since the parties play the predominant role, and hence, this feature should not be adopted by the adversary system. I also spoke about the need for legal representation in the adversary system, and the fact that they are not essentially required in the inquisitorial system, since the judge is in charge of the case. This is less expensive and time consuming, and should be considered in more detail in relation to adopting this feature to the adversary system.  Then I spoke about the fact that strict rules for procedure need to be followed in the adversary system, but are not as important in the inquisitorial system, which allows for some evidence to be unjustified in the inquisitorial system, as parties are not presenting their cases, but rather a third party, who may have limited knowledge on the case.

And I still didn't get full marks for it. :P

costargh

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 09:03:44 pm »
Hhaha sounds good. Keep up the good work! Make sure you cover all bases for possible 10 mark questions!