Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:46:02 pm

Author Topic: Scaling?  (Read 927 times)  Share 

Manar.alogaidi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Scaling?
« on: October 28, 2018, 10:57:59 am »
Hey,
I have recently decided to drop extension 1 maths as it is by far my weakest and least enjoyable subject (only subject I failed an exam (prelims) for). However my teacher has constantly warned me that I have potential if i apply myself and extension 1 is our school's highest scaling subject with the most band 6s, and that even getting 1st rank in other subjects may not guarantee me a band 6. This is concerning, since I'm aiming for at least a 99.6 ATAR.

My other subjects are chemistry (accelerated), 2u maths, 4u english, Spanish Beginners, Biology and physics. Do these subjects scale good? Do you think it's possible for me to get a high atar without extension maths?

Thanks  :D

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Scaling?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 11:09:00 am »
+2
Hi!

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :-)

You can do any subject and still get an amazing ATAR. As long as you do well in all your subjects, a 99 ATAR is attainable. Take this for example: the dux at my school did what some might call "basic" subjects (Advanced English, Biology, Business Studies, 2U Maths, SOR II) and got an ATAR over 99.

In summary: you can do anything you put your mind to.
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW