Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 07:03:26 pm

Author Topic: learning test sac HELP  (Read 2911 times)  Share 

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
learning test sac HELP
« on: September 03, 2008, 03:43:46 pm »
Hi all,
i have a sac test on learning on monday and i was wondering if anyone was able to help out. Does anyone have the tests that come from the psych book by a+ publishing? i know that these are very good so i was hoping to get some. Also any extra info or tips while im stdying will be great.

Thanks so much
VN rocks!

jess3254

Re: learning test sac HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:04:19 pm »
Hey,
I don't have PsychBook unit 4, however I've uploaded (alongside this post) some extensive notes on learning, and may assist you in studying for your SAC. It contains explanations, examples, definitions and tips.

Hope this helps. :)

(Let me know if the file doesn't work for you - I've put it in a pdf format.)

If you need any help with any specific concepts in learning, please post any questions here! :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:18:35 pm by jessie0 »

melaniej

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:58:18 pm »
Wow Jess, those notes are fantastic!
I am amazed at your resources! Where on earth do you get them all?
Very impressed ;)

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:32 pm »
thanks a heap Jess your awesome
Exactly what i need - examples - LOL
thanks again i will be sure to post questions if needed :)

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:51:31 pm »
OMG jess, just read the first few pages and these are awesome. Can i ask where you got these from? or did you make them yourself? do you have these for aos 1 and 3 as well?
You rock Jess

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:16:58 pm »
just a question, from various resources ive read that confidentiality was broken in the little albert experiment. however, i believe this to be wrong as 'Little Albert' was not the child's real name i think. Its in your notes Jess as well as Eriny's.
Could someone please verify this?
Thanks

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 09:23:14 pm »
But they still had displayed the child's photo, and had freely distributed details of the experiment. If confidentially was not broken, then the experiment would not have been appreciated to the extent which it is appreciated to this day.

I think that is confidentiality, I forgot most of my Psych stuff from last year. :P

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:33:25 pm »
i thought that confidentiality was only the name of the participant?

Amnesiac

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:44 pm »
nah man its also got to do with adequetly storing files, and disposing of them securly etc..

for the little albert experiment i only refer to the debriefing process not taking place, and that the benefits of the experiment was not weighed against the welfare of the participant (beneficence)
2007 | Visual Communication and Design [37] VCE VET Hospitality [39]
2008 | Media Studies [42] English [40] History Revolutions [40] Further Mathematics [39] Psychology [37]
ENTER | 91.15

2009 | Arts/Education [Secondary] - Monash Clayton.

rh

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 10:36:39 pm »
my brother is a student teacher atm teaching year 12 psych. i 'll PM you a link to the sac he gave his class on learning right now.

jess3254

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 11:57:36 pm »
But they still had displayed the child's photo, and had freely distributed details of the experiment. If confidentially was not broken, then the experiment would not have been appreciated to the extent which it is appreciated to this day.

I think that is confidentiality, I forgot most of my Psych stuff from last year. :P

This is correct. Releasing photographs and videos of any individual (without their consent) who participated in your psychology research breaches confidentiality. Contemporary society/psychology would consider this unethical and breaching confidentiality. (Excuse poor wording.)

Although this is a rather simplistic example, as the "Little Albert" case was fairly complex: Just say you participated in a psychology study, and later down the track, you stumbled across clear pictures and videos of yourself on a website or in a psychology journal during the research, with your results included, but your name omitted. You (and your parents) did not give them any permission to release your photographs. I'm sure you'd feel as if your privacy and trust had been violated, and that confidentiality had been breached. You can obviously be easily identified with a photo.

Type in "Little Albert" into google, and you will find various videos of him whilst being conditioned. His photos are still readily available.

OMG jess, just read the first few pages and these are awesome. Can i ask where you got these from? or did you make them yourself? do you have these for aos 1 and 3 as well?
You rock Jess

Those notes I did not write myself, I received them from my teacher, however I edited them slightly. I'm glad they are helping! :) I do have similar notes for the other areas of study.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:15:25 am by jessie0 »

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 01:42:58 pm »
would you be able to upload those as well? it will be very much appreciated

morrjs

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 05:27:27 pm »
Best notes ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! other AOS would be fantastic

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 04:35:04 pm »
so no one has the A+ publishing tests?  :( lol.
i was looking for the chapter 5 outcome 1 test, i only have test 2
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:50:47 pm by sisqo1111 »

jess3254

Unit 4 Psychology notes
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 05:45:57 pm »
would you be able to upload those as well? it will be very much appreciated

Here are notes for the other areas of study. I have also uploaded a powerpoint for memory and forgetting.
I hope these help :)

Memory notes
Memory powerpoint
Research methods notes